Upgrading from Ti4600 to FX5900Ultra

Old August 26th 03, 11:57 PM
Graeme Roberts

Default Upgrading from Ti4600 to FX5900Ultra

Andrew.

The unified driver should work. Power off, install the new card. The driver
might default to somthing like 800x600 256 colour on first re-boot. If so,
just power cycle your machine again and it should come up ok.

Graeme.

"Andrew Stirling" wrote in message
About to install an FX5900 Ultra tomorrow. Just wondered if I need to
uninstall my current drivers and then reinstall them after installing the
card....or does the unified driver structure mean that this is

unnecessary?

--
Andrew

Old August 27th 03, 02:58 AM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

"Andrew Stirling" wrote in message
About to install an FX5900 Ultra tomorrow. Just wondered if I need to
uninstall my current drivers and then reinstall them after installing the
card....or does the unified driver structure mean that this is

unnecessary?

I swap back and forth between two nVidia cards. I had to install the same
driver for both, but once I had done that, I can swap them and the registry
has the info for both. If I power down and switch cards everything is setup
when I restart.

Too_Much_Coffee ®

--
Andrew

Old August 27th 03, 07:05 PM
J.J. R.

"Andrew Stirling" ha scritto nel messaggio
Thanks everyone...I'm using 45.32 at the moment so I'll just give it a go
and see what happens.

45.32??

Old August 27th 03, 08:15 PM
Andrew Stirling

"J.J. R." wrote in message
news

"Andrew Stirling" ha scritto nel messaggio
Thanks everyone...I'm using 45.32 at the moment so I'll just give it a

go
and see what happens.

45.32??

Oh Shut up!!
It worked like a dream btw. First time I booted up my card was detected as a
5900Ultra but there were no nvidia properties in the display properties box.
Just rebooted and it was fine.

upgrading 2 year old system for HL2 David J Burns Ati Videocards 10 November 10th 04 03:05 AM
Upgrading to a S-ATA disk with Asus P4PE - Help? Azaran2003 Asus Motherboards 1 October 14th 04 03:45 PM
Worth Upgrading? fatboy Ati Videocards 6 December 21st 03 09:07 AM
Help Upgrading System (New MB & CPU) Jaggz Homebuilt PC's 7 September 13th 03 12:38 AM
Worth upgrading to P4P8x? Shiranui Gen-An Asus Motherboards 0 July 15th 03 03:32 AM