MMC 9.0 "upgrade"

Old April 23rd 04, 02:00 AM
Alan Olson

Default MMC 9.0 "upgrade"

Has anyone been able to install MMC 9.0 over 8.x? Or even install 9.0 after
uninstalling 8.x? If so, i'd love to hear from you.

neither 8.9 nor 9.0 would install for me over 8.8, or after i uninstall 8.8.

The setup program will load/initialize and then simply disappear on me
without any error.

Help.

Alan

Old April 23rd 04, 12:07 PM
Aloke Prasad

I went through the 8.9 uninstall and 9.0 install and everything worked as
normal.

Try using the Catuninstaller on

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/m...lystutils.html

to completely remove all ATI software and then install MMC9.0
--
Aloke
----

Old April 23rd 04, 03:20 PM
Aloke Prasad

Obviously, after using CAT-uninstaller, you'll have to re-install all ATI
software, including drivers, DVD decoder, WDM driver, Guide+, everything.

It will give you a clean slate to start with.
--
Aloke
----

Old April 23rd 04, 04:07 PM
Alan Olson

Why is a step like this necessary? Normally uninstalls and/or upgrades take
care of all this for you?

alan

Old April 23rd 04, 04:16 PM
JAD

the day that an ' upgrade ' goes the way ' we ' want it to , is the
day hell freezes over.

Old April 23rd 04, 04:29 PM
Alan Olson

OK,

I uninstalled 8.8.

I ran the catuninstaller.

i rebooted.

I reinstalled the WDM.

I rebooted.

XP found all the "new" hardware.

I launched the 9.0 install.

same thing happened. it extracted the files, it initialized the installer.
The installer disappeared AGAIN without any error.

alan

Old April 23rd 04, 08:00 PM
diener

Find the folder ATI\support\ and the mmc folder there. Try running
setup.exe to see if it will install that way. Do you have more than one WDM
installed? If so, uninstall that and reinstall the ATI WDM. Reboot and
cancel any "new hardware found" installation and do it manually.

Old April 23rd 04, 09:19 PM
Alan Olson

Running it from that directory does the same exact thing.

From the control panel/Administrative/Device manager - there is only one WDM
installed.

How do i uninstall the WDM?

alan

Old April 24th 04, 03:28 AM
xman Charlie

"Alan Olson" wrote in message
Running it from that directory does the same exact thing.

From the control panel/Administrative/Device manager - there is only one

WDM
installed.

How do i uninstall the WDM?

alan

I had the same problem. Be sure you do not use the wdm that is on the ati
install cd. catalyst 4.4 will not work with it...

here is my install...

A real mess if not done xxxxx

remove control panel
do not select reboot
remove drivers
select reboot

windows media encoder 9 must be installed
dat jet database must be installed
dirext x 9 must be installed

the files:

mmc-8-1-0-0dao-mdac.exe
It will install 3 or four times, only 1 needs to be there/ add remove
programs.

mmc-9-0-0-0.exe multimedia center 9.0
It req tv-capture-wdm-6-14-10-6227.exe
Install before multimedia center

You will see these items present, device manger/system:

acti wdm rage theather audio
ati wdm rage theater video
ati wdm specialized mvd codec
ati wdm specialized pcd codec
ati wdm tv audio cross bar
ati wdm tv tuner

display drivers:
xcp-mce-8-00-040322a-014266c.exe

these are catalysts 4.4

All is working fine with my ati 9600 pro and my aiw 9600, captures are
great, and the new option to encode to divx.

my 2 cents