GA 8KNXP memory bandwidth issues

Old November 11th 03, 11:28 PM
RC

Default GA 8KNXP memory bandwidth issues

Please help me diagnose performance issues with my GA 8KNXP

My biggest issue is with memory bandwidth.

Buffered:

4894 integer

4904 float

Unbuffered:

3715 integer

3794 float

I tried some new memory timing and crashed my system. Now regardless of FSB,
memory timings, or BIOS versions (F5, F6, F7E) I am unable to reach 5000
buffered. Before the crash I consistently timed in 5150 range. I am
meticulous about keeping OC parameter records and is positive that my system
is setup identically as before the crash. I've been playing with this for 2
days now, but this one stomped me!

System is rock stable.

If you guys have any suggestions I would be grateful. I am really beginning
to regret buying this MB.

Here are my system specs:

Motherboard:

GA-8KNXP

Memory:

Kingston HyperX 3500

CPU:

CPU P4 3.0 800MHz @ 3.3 800MHz

Video Card:

9800XT

Hard Drives:

SATA RAID-0 70mb

SATA BASE 80 mb

Temperatures:

32C @ Idle

50C @ Max Burn

Bios:

Gigabyte Logoisabled

Intel Brandingisabled

AC97 Audioisabled

H/W GigaRaidisabled

On-chip SATA:Auto

SATA RAID Functionisabled

Onboard H/W SATA:Enabled

Serial ATA Function:RAID

Onboard Giga RAIDisabled

USB Mouse:Enabled

CPU Warning :60/140

CPU Fan Warning:Enabled

Power Fan Warning:Enabled

System Fan Warning:Enabled

CPU Smart Fanisabled

FSB:220

CPU Voltage:1.5625V

CPU Hyper Threading:Enabled

Memory Voltage:+.3V

CAS# Latency Time:2.5

Active Precharge Delay:5

DRAM RAS# To CAS# Delay:3

DRAM RAS# Precharge:3

Refresh Mode Select:7.8

Delayed Transaction:Enabled

AGP Aperture Size:128

PSB Parkingisabled

Command Per Clock (CPC)isabled:Not valid for FSB 210

Fast Chip Select:Enabledisabled:Not valid for FSB 210

Dynamic Paging:Autoisabled:Not valid for FSB 210

Core Clock Frequency:438.75

Memory Clock Frequency:384.75

Old November 11th 03, 11:36 PM
RC

OOPS. sorry about the formatting - damn paste from Word. I hope this will
be better...

[...]

Bios: P4 3.0 BIOS
F6 Settings for GA-8KNKP