AMD64 3200 + Asus K8V SE Deluxe Cool and Quiet brings up BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Old June 14th 04, 09:29 PM
Addy

Default AMD64 3200 + Asus K8V SE Deluxe Cool and Quiet brings up BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Hi ,

after flashing the BIOS of my K8V to Rev. 1003, which I hoped would solve my
problems with getting CnQ to work, actually made my problems worse. Without
CnQ, using QFan the MoBo runs quite well, but Iīd like to get CnQ to work as
the PC runs day and night and electricity isnīt as cheap as it used to be.

But to the problem. When I switch on CnQ in the bios (and do all other
things required in the manual) my pc starts up and shows a BSOD saying
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. If I turn CnQ off, there is no such problem. When I start
up WinXP in safe mode, there is no BSOD either. The PFN_LIST_CORRUPT seems
to be linked to bad RAM or bad driver behaviour.

Anybody had the same problem ?

Addy

My AMD64-PC

Asus K8V SE Deluxe, Athlon64 3200, 2x512MB Infineon DDR 400, Radeon 9600XT
ultimate, 1x160 GB Samsung SATA, Benq 822A DVDR.

Old June 14th 04, 10:52 PM
Early 2 Riz

I don't have your mobo, but I know that new doesn't always mean better. I
have a Chaintech VNF3-250 mobo, and tried the latest BIOS dated 4/30/2004
and my system would reboot without warning, or sometimes it would be
proceeded with a buzzing noise. When I reverted back to the older BIOS, the
problem disappeared. But I ams stuck with a BIOS that reports my CPU temp
at 12C, instead of 37C

Old June 14th 04, 10:53 PM
Addy

"Early 2 Riz" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I don't have your mobo, but I know that new doesn't always mean better. I
have a Chaintech VNF3-250 mobo, and tried the latest BIOS dated 4/30/2004
and my system would reboot without warning, or sometimes it would be
proceeded with a buzzing noise. When I reverted back to the older BIOS,

the
problem disappeared. But I ams stuck with a BIOS that reports my CPU temp
at 12C, instead of 37C

Hi,
I considered going back to an earlier BIOS but that would mean other trouble
and the CnQ didnīt work then either.

Addy

Old June 14th 04, 11:44 PM
Early 2 Riz

Cool and Quiet doesn't exist on Nforce3 250 motherboards, so that is not
even a problem here. g

Old June 15th 04, 01:26 AM
Steve Midgley

"Early 2 Riz" wrote in message
Cool and Quiet doesn't exist on Nforce3 250 motherboards, so that is not
even a problem here. g

Are you certain about that? My Epox EP-8KDA3j has it.
--
Steve Midgley

Old June 15th 04, 05:40 AM
Steve Midgley

"Early 2 Riz" wrote in message
Also, Newegg doesn't offer the Epox EP-8KDA3j motherboard. Where do you
live?

No, Newegg doesn't have the newest Epox boards but mWave does -
http://tinyurl.com/2j5xy
--
Steve Midgley

Old June 15th 04, 06:57 AM
john

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:44:52 -0500, "Early 2 Riz"
wrote:

Cool and Quiet doesn't exist on Nforce3 250 motherboards, so that is not
even a problem here. g

Aopen AK86-L bios 1.11 is supposed to have cool and quiet, but it's
grayed out in my bios for some reason. Some conflicting setting or ??