Ti4200 TV-OUT Problems..Help Pls........ ;-)

Old July 8th 03, 09:49 AM
Jef

Default Ti4200 TV-OUT Problems..Help Pls........ ;-)

Yeah, thanks René, I have tried most combinations. To be honest, I am
thinking about purchasing a, ATI card, as they seem to be far superior

when
it comes to the TV-OUT function. The best of it is, before purchasing the
card, I read a load of reviews on the Ti4200 and they all said that the
TV-OUT was a breeze and amazing quality!!! Never mind eh, you win some,

you
lose some I s'pose.

I am sorry to hear such disappointment :-(. Several times there have been
questions about TV-out quality on GF4 cards. I usually answer people not to
have very high expectations... I have such a card, and when it comes to
watching DVD on my TV, the quality is quite good. But for the rest, it sucks
very hard (well, when showing a slideshow of pictures, it is OK as well,
let's say, as long as You do not try to show normal windowsfonts but only
pictures).
As far as I understand from Your question, You do get colour when using
TV-tool. Is this correct? If so, do You have a reason why You wouldn't use
TV-tool all the time? Suddenly a thought strikes me: You do connect Your
card directly to the TV, don't You? Not through a VCR I mean? That could
make a difference. And how is it connected, tell me what cables You use and
where You insert them in the card and the TV.
What kind of things are You trying to display? Just DVD screens or "windows
stuff" like the desktop or games as well?
I hope that if You can be a little bit more specific, I might be able to
point my finger at the tiny thing that is wrong. Tell me what card You have,
I hope You'll mention something that will cause a "click" in my memory,
though the chance is not big.

By the way, there are some adjustments that can be made to the settings of
the card that You can only make with the help of TV-tool, and not with the
detonator, for example overscanning (to completely fill the screen). A lot
of people here do advise to use this utility all the time for it is very
good (I don't use it, but I believe them). So if You get satisfying quality,
why not keep using it?
ATI cards seem to have very good TV-out interfaces. In the computer I am
typing this on, I have one, unfortunately I have no TV in the vicinity (I do
have a lawnmower here but no lawnmower out on the card). In the computer on
my studying address, I have a GF like You. There I have a TV, and everything
works well. But I do know from experience that the old ATI cards were very
good concerning their TV out function.
I hope that if You give some more info I still might be able to help You.

Greetings,
René

Old July 10th 03, 12:14 AM

Well, I have comcluded that I am going to stick with TV Tool. The drivers
SHOULD do the job, but i guess that option was not meant to be! Thanks for
all your help René, it is much appreciated!!!

All the Best ;-)

---

Old July 10th 03, 09:51 AM
Jef

Well, I have comcluded that I am going to stick with TV Tool. The drivers
SHOULD do the job, but i guess that option was not meant to be! Thanks for
all your help René, it is much appreciated!!!

All the Best ;-)

The best to You as well and when You have other videocard related questions,
You'll know where to post them!

Greetings,
René

Sapphire Radeon 9800SE + Shuttle machine = Problems Jiri Kuukasjärvi General 2 September 12th 04 11:17 AM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
DirectX Problems! Faustus Homebuilt PC's 4 December 24th 03 10:42 PM
Minolta 5400 problems Pygmi Scanners 6 December 4th 03 04:24 AM
Major Computer Problems Toronto Garage Door Company General 20 November 13th 03 09:41 PM