ATI guy just visiting...

Old July 3rd 03, 06:05 AM
Strontium

Crap! I just realized how that was written. I meant it to say "He says
visual quality of the GF4 Ti's doesn't even touch it"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Apologies.

-
Strontium stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

Dave stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

"Strontium" wrote in message
A buddy, at work, recently switched from nVidia to ATI (9500). He
says he'll never touch an nVidia card, again.
He says the quality of the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's.
I'm drooling, for the 9700, right now.

If the visuals of the ti4200 are so much better than a 9500 then why
won't he touch another nvidia card then? Am I missing something
here? Dave

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
there at all.. And, I want to get free..."

Old July 3rd 03, 07:16 AM
J.Clarke

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 00:01:46 -0500
"Strontium" wrote:

I guess you don't understand english? Re-read it.

I guess I don't understand English either. It looks like you're saying
that the quality of the visuals on the GF4 Ti are much better than for
the 9500--"doesn't even touch" would normally equate to "is much worse
than". If that is the case then why does he prefer the ATI?

If you mean something else then rather than criticizing someone else's
command of the language you might try rephrasing or clarifying.

-

"Strontium" wrote in message
A buddy, at work, recently switched from nVidia to ATI (9500). He
says he'll never touch an nVidia card, again.

He says the quality
of the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's. ----------This

line*

I'm drooling, for
the 9700, right now.

If the visuals of the ti4200 are so much better than a 9500 then why
won't he touch another nvidia card then? Am I missing something
here? Dave

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
there at all.. And, I want to get free..."

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old July 3rd 03, 07:19 AM
casual observer

:the quality
f the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's DA

Prime example of the quality education of youth in todays society.
--

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
This Space For Rent:
"Strontium" wrote in message
: I guess you don't understand english? Re-read it.
:
: -
: Dave stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
:
: "Strontium" wrote in message
: ...
: A buddy, at work, recently switched from nVidia to ATI (9500).
He
: says he'll never touch an nVidia card, again.
:
: He says the quality
: of the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's. ----------This
line*
:
: I'm drooling, for
: the 9700, right now.
:
: If the visuals of the ti4200 are so much better than a 9500 then
why
: won't he touch another nvidia card then? Am I missing something
here?
: Dave
:
: --
: Strontium
:

Old July 3rd 03, 07:20 AM
Strontium

-
casual observer stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

the quality
of the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's DA

Prime example of the quality education of youth in todays society. DA

Prime example of the idiocy of someone who has not read the entire thread.

SNIP

Old July 3rd 03, 07:50 AM
Les

"Scrotum" wrote in message
:
: -
: casual observer stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
:
: the quality
: of the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's DA

:
: Prime example of the idiocy of someone who has not read the entire
thread.

I read all of every thread. It's a little thing I have about picking
morons out of the crowd.
Thought perhaps I was mistaken about you, but sadly I was not. Enjoy
answering my kf scrotum old boi.

--

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
This Space For Rent:
: "Strontium" wrote in message
: ...
: I guess you don't understand english? Re-read it.
:
: -
: Dave stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
:
: "Strontium" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
: -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
:
: --
: Strontium
:

Old July 3rd 03, 11:41 AM
Courseyauto

The new 5900 ULTRA is the new king of video cards,ATI is number
2.................
Old July 3rd 03, 01:02 PM
Strontium

I guess you didn't see my reply to this reply. Geesh. Do you all use google, or
something? WTF.

-

Old July 3rd 03, 01:06 PM
Strontium

Pasted, for all those that "Can't" read a whole thread, before replying: Paste, to
follow, now: Sheesh ****ing SHEESH!

Begin paste
------

Old July 3rd 03, 03:07 PM
J.Clarke

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 07:02:07 -0500
"Strontium" wrote:

I guess you didn't see my reply to this reply. Geesh. Do you all use
google, or something? WTF.

This is USENET. All posts do not appear on all servers simultaneously.

-

Old July 3rd 03, 11:11 PM
LBJGH

Sorry pal. not looking for a flame war... but it looks like some others
took the leap... I frequent several different forums and enjoy helping
others. I am an AMD fanatic but not a fanATIc.

"Anybody®" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I figured if I showed up here saying how much I liked my video card I'd

get
flamed
Oh puleese, you were banking on it.

"LBJGH" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Thanks for the response ceedee. I figured if I showed up here saying

how
much I liked my video card I'd get flamed.... I tried to be
non-confrontational, but I have to come in with my dukes up. What

gives.

Anyway, I haven't had a nvidia based card since my tnt2 card (a long

time
ago). I had a 64mb Radeon VIVO card which was only mediocre performance
wise. I upgraded to a 9700pro and was happy with the performance but

missed
the VIVO functions so I sold that card and got an AIW9700pro.

People talk about image quality being the major difference between

Nvidia
and ATI. You guys care to comment. Perhaps someone who switched from

ATI
to Nvidia could comment.

tx
LBJGH

p.s. I'm still reading... and may type and hit send again.
"ceedee" wrote in message
Welcome to the group

a more appropriate post would be to tell us if you are
happy or not with the card you have
rather than just stating what it is which doesnt really add anything

the
mix

anyway enjoy your stay

ceedee

PS yes i top post i cant help myself Ive tried but i just cant do it
i dont have a wheel mouse and all that scrolling is a bitch please

forgive
me

"casual observer" wrote in message
"LBJGH" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
: No ****ing matches... just came to check out the other guys...
currently
: running AIW9700pro @ 370core/666mem.
:
: Just reading though the posts for interest sake...
:
:

Reading posts doesn't generally involve typing and hitting send

---

---