8KNXP and Nero problem

Old August 21st 03, 11:53 PM
Andy

Default 8KNXP and Nero problem

Since upgrading to this board I have been having problems launching Nero
Burning (latest V5).
The Plextor 48/24/48 IDE CDRW takes an age to recognise a blank CDR and Nero
stops loading till it is happy.
Sometimes the program stops responding altogether.
I have updated firmware on CDRW, updated chipset drivers and disabled
imapi.exe....
Has anyone else experienced a similar problem or can shed some light on the
problem.
All help appreciated.

Old August 22nd 03, 05:03 AM
Bob Davis

I'm running Nero (latest version in XP Pro) and a rather aged Plextor SCSI
burner (12/10/32S internal), and I have no issues at all.

Old August 22nd 03, 06:13 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

scsi rocks...

are you overclocking at all with the IDE drive?

Old August 22nd 03, 10:50 AM
The Marshal

I am running nero 5.5.10.42 with a plextor 48/24/48 and am having no
problems that im aware of. Sorry for not being able to help

Old August 29th 03, 04:49 PM
Bastard Operator from Hell

I am running Nero and am having no problems.

Stupid question time.....are you sure that the IDE controller for your CD
Rom is set for UltraDMA instead of PIO mode? XP is usally pretty good in
automatically setting UDMA-2 for CD Roms but Win2k is not as versed in this
and I have often had to do so manually. I can see where PIO mode might cause
problems with NERO, where it needs to get a constant flow of information to
the CD-R.

I had a situation with a different Mobo where Win2k would NOT go into UDMA
mode for my hard drive and all kinds of things would not work. It is worth
checking out. Go into Device manager.....go to the respective IDE
Controller, hit properties and then advanced. It will show a setting for
both drives on the channel.