Asus P4C800-E Deluxe and Audigy problems

Old February 14th 05, 07:50 PM
kanenas

Default Asus P4C800-E Deluxe and Audigy problems

Hi all.
Would anybody have some suggestion on how best to handle the
CreativeLabs Audigy in this mobo?
It drives me crazy with all the cracks and pops that go on anytime I
play some music (sometimes even when I don't).
I have removed a firewire-800 card I had in the system and the only
thing left is the Audigy along with a PCI Promise controller.
One slot is taken by a fan.

The Promise controller handles 3 ATA hard disks (the Promise on the
mobo is disabled).
The mobo's IDE controller handles 3 CD/DVD drives.
I also have a SATA drive connected to the mobo in non-RAID mode.

After some rearranging on the slots, I now have the Audigy sharing its
IRQ with an Intel USB controller and an OHCI compliant IEEE 1394
controller (that's Audigy's probably since I have the builtin one
disabled).

The only thing that can conflict with it, seems to be the USB
controller (there are 3 pairs of USB controllers shown but only one has
the same IRQ as the Audigy). I do have an unattached USB wire hanging
inside but I don't know what controller manages it and if that could
cause a problem. No way to attach it either without major surgery to
the system.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.