A7V266-MX refuses to recognise the hard ware lock (dongle)

Old February 12th 04, 02:05 AM

Default A7V266-MX refuses to recognise the hard ware lock (dongle)

I am using a Asus A7V266-MX mother board with an Athalon 2400+ AMD
processor, I have a strange problem. For one of my softwares I have
been given a hardware lock which is plugged to my Parallel port
(Printer port) and only if the hardware lock is plugged in the
software works, it means the software searches for the lock on the
printer port and proceeds to work, the system fails to software work
and its not able to find the hardware lock, its a brand new mother
board with the processor and the printer port works perfectly well
when a printer is connected to it. I believe there is some IRQ setting
that is required , i've also tried to set the parallel port IRQ to
IRQ7 which is normally assigned to parallel port but that too dosent
work. Can some on help me out this problem . Thanks for reading this.

Rajesh

VU2RPS
emailto
Old February 12th 04, 09:50 AM
Alien Zord

wrote in message
om...
I am using a Asus A7V266-MX mother board with an Athalon 2400+ AMD
processor, I have a strange problem. For one of my softwares I have
been given a hardware lock which is plugged to my Parallel port
(Printer port) and only if the hardware lock is plugged in the
software works, it means the software searches for the lock on the
printer port and proceeds to work, the system fails to software work
and its not able to find the hardware lock, its a brand new mother
board with the processor and the printer port works perfectly well
when a printer is connected to it. I believe there is some IRQ setting
that is required , i've also tried to set the parallel port IRQ to
IRQ7 which is normally assigned to parallel port but that too dosent
work. Can some on help me out this problem . Thanks for reading this.

Did you try all 3 definitions of parallel port: SPP, EPP or ECP? And all 3
I/O addresses 378, 278 or 3BC?

Also Win2k and WinXP do not by default use the interrupt assigned to
parallel port. You have to manually enable it in device manager, ports,
double click printer port and tick "use any interrupt assigned to the port".