Adding hd space to a PL3000?

Old January 19th 07, 06:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
***** charles

Default Adding hd space to a PL3000?

Hi all,

I am trying to set up an addon pci ide card in a
proliant 3000. If I install it with a couple of 250G
ide drives and leave the scsi drives unplugged during
install, then it only boots to the card. If I leave out
the pci ide card and plug in the scsi drives and
install to them, then the replug in the pci ide card
it still wants to boot to the card and not the scsi's.
The scsi's are only 9.1G'ers(6). I would like to
install Windows 2000 Server on the first scsi,
then format the other 5 drives, then add the pci
ide card with the 2) 250G ide's on it for a file
server. I have tried to change the boot list with
the utilities but it doesn't include pci cards, only
floppy, cdrom, and scsi's. How can I add the
pci ide card after an install and NOT boot to it?

thanks,
charles.....

Old January 22nd 07, 01:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Jez T

"***** charles" wrote
Hi all,

I am trying to set up an addon pci ide card in a
proliant 3000. If I install it with a couple of 250G
ide drives and leave the scsi drives unplugged during
install, then it only boots to the card.

That's a good result. If you can get it to run on IDE drives, leave it at
that. Leave the SCSI stuff out.