No BIOS installed?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 24th 04, 11:20 AM
Craig Coope

Default No BIOS installed?

I have just bought a new PC (A64 3400+) and although it loads winxp fine
when it is first turned on it says "No device found!" and then "BIOS is not
installed" at the start of the POST...

My Mobo is a Microstar K8T800...

....and it is a Promise BIOS I think....It won't even give me the option to
press del to get into the BIOS....

I have kinda read that it my have something to do with the SATA or RAID set
up....but I am new to that and have no idea how this is set up at the
moment....

There is a floppy disk for the Promise driver...

The PC worked perfectly last night but when I came to turn it on today the
power light came on but no signal was sent tot he monitor and the keyboard
lights didn't come on...it just sat there...so I had to turn it off and on 3
times before it would boot correctly...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Craig...

BIOS is not installed Jack General 2 January 30th 05 05:46 PM
BIOS Flash problems Bradley Betz General 6 May 19th 04 06:06 PM
Downgrading the BIOS of my p4p800-vm...possible? KILOWATT General 3 January 2nd 04 09:37 PM
BIOS Gricalus General 3 July 13th 03 12:07 PM
bios hung while flashing mdp General 1 June 23rd 03 11:18 AM