GA7N400 Pro2 - IDE 3 & 4 question

Old October 21st 04, 08:20 AM
Mark Epps

Default GA7N400 Pro2 - IDE 3 & 4 question

I currently have a couple of wd hard drives (not raid) on IDE1

cdrom & dvd on IDE2

I need more hard disk space.
If I buy a new HD, can I just plug it into IDE 3 and off I go,
or will I need to install raid drivers?
If I do have to install raid drivers, can I just use the HD in standard
configuration?

many thanks

Mark

Old October 22nd 04, 02:48 AM
jpsga

"Mark Epps" wrote in message
I currently have a couple of wd hard drives (not raid) on IDE1

cdrom & dvd on IDE2

I need more hard disk space.
If I buy a new HD, can I just plug it into IDE 3 and off I go,
or will I need to install raid drivers?
If I do have to install raid drivers, can I just use the HD in standard
configuration?

many thanks

Mark

Yes you can add up to 4 drives. This is called the NORMAL mode.
You will need the divers on a floppy. When XP finds the GigaRaid (IT8212) is
active it will ask for drivers. XP calls the New Harware wizard.
JPS

Old October 22nd 04, 02:45 PM
Mark Epps

thanks