8KNXP Slow Hard Drives

Old October 16th 04, 08:29 AM
Jim

Bob in win2k

device manager
IDE ATA/ATAPI controlers
primary IDE Channel
Advanced Settings

Jim

"Bob Davis" wrote in message
news:sr%bd.50986$cJ3.30167@fed1read06...

"Jim" wrote in message

ok I found it, they are set to udma if available for device 0 and pio

only
for device 1 on each channel.

Where did you find this info?

Old October 16th 04, 08:33 AM
Jim

forgot to mention I set all 4 devices to udma and "current mode" is now
reported as ultra DMA mode for them all.
Jim

Old October 16th 04, 01:16 PM
Moritz Kürten

ok I found it, they are set to udma if available for device 0 and pio only
for device 1 on each channel.

"udma if available" should always be the default value. But sometimes
there is a incompatibility between two devices connected to the same
channel. Then, sometimes one device runs only in PIO mode. In this
case, the devices should be connected to different channels.

Moritz