Windows 10 - the final nail in the coffin for Linux desktop

Old May 20th 15, 07:54 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.privacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Peter Köhlmann[_3_]

Default Windows 10 - the final nail in the coffin for Linux desktop

Anonymous Remailer (austria) wrote:

In article 20150518162401.68516582@maxa-pc
Melzzzzz wrote:

On Mon, 18 May 2015 10:11:56 -0400
Slimer wrote:

So explain how so many Windows users don't use anti-virus software
and don't end up with any kind of infection.

Ahahahahhahahhahahahhahha

I see. So you're gay and you spend a lot of time as a bottom.

I see. You lack the brains to think of a real argument

Old May 20th 15, 10:49 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.privacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
adam

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.comp.os.linux.]
On 2015-05-20, Anonymous wrote:
If that were the case, the Internet would die overnight.

Given the nature of this discussion I will let my cow comment on that:

_______________________________________
/ Bit of an overstatement don't you \
| think[1]? Besides, even if Windows |
| would hold 60% of the "operating |
| systems market share", how many of |
| those users actually enjoy |
| malware/virus free OS without |
\ anti-virus software installed. /
---------------------------------------
\ ^__^
\ (oo)\_______
(__)\ )\/\
||----w |
|| ||

1. http://zip-url.com/zYRpB3A

Regards,
A.
Old May 21st 15, 12:37 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.privacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
GreyCloud

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

Nomen Nescio wrote:

In article

On 2015-05-18, adam wrote:
So explain how so many Windows users don't use anti-virus software
and don't end up with any kind of infection.
They don't "get on the Internet"?

They don't end up virus free. This is just a Lemming lie.

Alternately, they could be completely unaware that they are infected
or part of a bot net.

Maybe you should try paying for your Windows products instead of
stealing them or getting infected warez site crap from your
friends.

Or just simply visiting internet sites. That seems to be the most
dangerous act of being careless with windows systems

Horse ****.

Old May 21st 15, 12:38 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.privacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
GreyCloud

Slimer wrote:

So explain how so many Windows users don't use anti-virus software
and don't end up with any kind of infection.

Ahahahahhahahhahahahhahha

I see. So you're gay and you spend a lot of time as a bottom.

I see. You lack the brains to think of a real argument

So, provide your proof then, idiot.
Old May 21st 15, 04:01 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.privacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Steve Hayes

Default I HEREBY OFFICIALLY DECLARE THIS THREAD CLOSED!

On Tue, 19 May 2015 02:33:02 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
wrote:

Steve Hayes wrote:

fOn Mon, 18 May 2015 15:44:37 -0400 (EDT), Jack Ryan
wrote:

PLEASE!!!

Why?

If you want to close a thread, why open it in the first place?

And what makes you so certain this is the person who opened the
thread???

1. It was the first I saw with that subject line.

2. It was not replying to anything.

3. It started a new thread simply to announce that it was closing.

--
Terms and conditions apply.

Steve Hayes

Old May 22nd 15, 11:53 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.privacy, comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Nomen Nescio

In article
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=

Slimer wrote:

So explain how so many Windows users don't use anti-virus software
and don't end up with any kind of infection.

Ahahahahhahahhahahahhahha

I see. So you're gay and you spend a lot of time as a bottom.

I see. You lack the brains to think of a real argument

admission that you're a bottom noted.

Old May 23rd 15, 12:11 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.privacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Peter Köhlmann[_3_]

Nomen Nescio wrote:

In article
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=

Slimer wrote:

So explain how so many Windows users don't use anti-virus software
and don't end up with any kind of infection.

Ahahahahhahahhahahahhahha

I see. So you're gay and you spend a lot of time as a bottom.

I see. You lack the brains to think of a real argument

admission that you're a bottom noted.

Ye gods...
Old May 23rd 15, 12:30 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.privacy, comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Anonymous

In article
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=
wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

In article

On 2015-05-17, Nobody wrote:
On 05/16/2015 04:05 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
In article
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=
wrote:

Jack Ryan wrote:

In article
Nobody wrote:

On 05/15/2015 02:45 AM, Jeremy Bentham wrote:
In article
Nobody wrote:

On 05/14/2015 04:08 AM, Anonymous wrote:
In article
"John F" wrote:

"Anonymous" wrote in
message

servers.net...

[deletia]

Takes 10 minutes to accomplish something in Windows that takes
10 days to sort out in linux, malware or not.

I personally haven't seen any Windows malware of any kind in
over three years.

Says a lot about your intelligence. Or better, the absence therof

Maybe when you learn to use Windows you could avoid malware too.

Interesting notion: You need special knowledge to run windows "safely"?
And how do you "avoid malware"? Has it a certain "stink"? Does it smell?
And how do you know in advance that a site you are going to visit serves
your next malware? Is aquiring psychic powers part of that "special
knowledge" you need to run windows?

That's your first mistake right there. Assuming that Windows
operates like Linux.

...that kind of defies the whole point.

No that is the point. There is no reason to ever get an
infected Windows system unless you are just plain careless.

You mean "careless" as in "letting it connect to a network"?

It's not our fault if you can't secure your computers on
ordinary networks.

If I need to be a wizard guru in order to safely use something then
I might as well just use VMS.

I run a four node VMScluster on two AMD VMWare boxes with SIMH.

Naturally. And it is located right at the rim of that flat world you live on

I'd give you a login account but that would overwhelm your
abilities and you might kill yourself.

Old May 23rd 15, 12:58 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.privacy, comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Nomen Nescio

In article
"Ezekiel" wrote:

"Melzzzzz" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 May 2015 22:31:35 -0400
"Ezekiel" wrote:

"Anonymous Remailer (austria)" wrote
in message
vacy.at...

Slimer wrote:

So explain how so many Windows users don't use anti-virus
software and don't end up with any kind of infection.

Ahahahahhahahhahahahhahha

Put me on that list. Although technically I might not count.

At work we run AV because IT (and insurance) requires it. At home
I've never run AV software. I did get infected though. It was
definitely Windows-2000 on my laptop and it was probably 2002-2003.
It gave me a fake BSoD telling me that my computer was infected.

But other than that - no problem. I'm also sure that I'm able to
setup ACL's and use permissions better than the target customer for
AV software.

When I used XP I didn't run AV as well. My colleague told me that I
will be infected 100%. He said it is impossible to get away without AV
and he was right. Once as a test I gathered bunch of viruses on CD.
Run several AV programs and none detected them all...

I was at some "developer conference" sort of thing several years ago. When
you walked into the auditorium for some talk there were a bunch of people
outside. The usual recruiters, etc but also people from Microsoft, Oracle,
etc handing out CDs, tee-shirts, etc.

So one speaker gets up on stage and asks how many people are going to try
the preview CD. A little more than 1/2 the people raise their hands. He then
asked how many people would try the CD if it said "Virus loaded CD" on the
disk. Everyone laughed. He then said that a guy in a red shirt hands you
some CD so you're going to run it on your computer?

I'm just very careful with my computers. If I'm trying out an app (Linux or
Windows) I'll usually take a snapshot and try it first in a VM. It's not
just malware... it's also about keeping the system as clean as possible.

Exactly. I have a test box exactly for that purpose. I'll even
pull the disk and scan it on another computer if I have any
doubts.

I see. So you're gay and you spend a lot of time as a bottom.

I'm not sure what that scream was about. I hope that Melzzzzz is okay.

I am fine, just can't stop laughing ...

Laughing is good.

Old May 23rd 15, 01:34 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.privacy, comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Anonymous

In article
Jeremy Bentham wrote:

In article
JEDIDIAH wrote:

ABM is a term that doesn't seem to be in fashion anymore. It's a great encapsulation of what is
wrong with the computer industry (namely Microsoft) and how you're better of with just about any thing
else (including a Mac).

Yeah, a Mac... So you can fight with Apple when the graphics
chip falls off the out of warranty systemboard. No thanks.

lol I had a G3 that happened to. BGA problem. Lot of those out
there.