calidad query

Old April 29th 09, 04:55 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ed[_6_]

Default calidad query

I noticed for the first time when buying a new cartridge for my HP
photosmart printer C7180 that Calidad cartridges were available for it.
Anyone used these? the manual stresses not to use any other inks as this may
damage the printer. Is this true? The cost was round half the HP brand.
Thanks any comment.

Old April 29th 09, 06:04 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
William R. Walsh

Hi!

Well, you will surely soon hear from "measekite" or whatever he's calling
himself these days to tell you that Yes Aftermarket Ink Is Bad For Your
Printer and that You Will Surely Break Your Printer If You Even Look At It.

But seriously--HP has ink to sell, and that's what they want to do. There
might be some faint truth to the warning if you were to use supplies that
are completely inappropriate for the printer you have. I would not expect
problems from supplies sold as being compatible to your HP printer, as long
as they come from a reputable retailer. Despite what you'll soon be told,
there are some. Other group members who are more active in refilling than I
will surely come forward.

You may wish to look around and see if any special procedures are required
to change over from OEM ink and print heads to aftermarket ones. I would
also recommend looking to see what anyone is saying about other products
from the same company, for other printers--if they have them.

William

Old April 29th 09, 08:09 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

"Ed" wrote:
I noticed for the first time when buying a new cartridge for my HP
photosmart printer C7180 that Calidad cartridges were available for it.
Anyone used these? the manual stresses not to use any other inks as this may
damage the printer. Is this true? The cost was round half the HP brand.
Thanks any comment.

I am not opposed to refilling or to compatible cartridges. In fact I have used
and sold them in the past.
Having said that, my experience is that Calidad is not one of the best
alternatives available. They have a reputation for inconsistent and sometimes
poor results, certainly they are cheap!
I will not be persuaded to recommend any particular product because there are
so many good ones that it would be unfair to do so.
Calidad is not amongst that number.
Tony
Old April 29th 09, 04:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

"William R. Walsh" m
wrote in message news:_dRJl.80078$DP1.1720@attbi_s22:

You may wish to look around and see if any special procedures are required
to change over from OEM ink and print heads to aftermarket ones.

One of the issues here is that the C7180 uses permanent printheads so it
is not possible for the end user to change them.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old April 30th 09, 05:28 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 03:55:22 +0000, Ed wrote:

I noticed for the first time when buying a new cartridge for my HP
photosmart printer C7180 that Calidad cartridges were available for it.
Anyone used these? the manual stresses not to use any other inks as this may
damage the printer. Is this true? The cost was round half the HP brand.
Thanks any comment.

In God we trust
Only if we read and follow the manual
Old April 30th 09, 05:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 05:04:58 +0000, William R. Walsh wrote:

Hi!

Well, you will surely soon hear from "measekite" or whatever he's calling
himself these days to tell you that Yes Aftermarket Ink Is Bad For Your
Printer and that You Will Surely Break Your Printer If You Even Look At

At least you are on the right track. The risk of damage to most printers
is higher except for HPs with an integrated printhead in the cart. Then
you need to worry a bit about the following:

Leakage
Lower quality unless you do not care

but if you want to print nice photos or other documents and want them to
look their best then go down the rest of the track

But seriously--HP has ink to sell, and that's what they want to do.
There might be some faint truth to the warning if you were to use
supplies that are completely inappropriate for the printer you have. I
would not expect problems from supplies sold as being compatible to your

The word compatible is a meaning less term. The fly by nites call
anything compatible if there stuff sprays out of the nozzles regardless of
the quality.

HP printer, as long as they come from a reputable retailer.

The trouble is most do not fully disclose what they are selling just like
the dog food, toothpaste, kids toys, paint and half of everything
notg made here.

Despite what
you'll soon be told, there are some. Other group members who are more
active in refilling than I will surely come forward.

And beware of the businessmen who post here on a regular basis.

Old April 30th 09, 05:35 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:41:26 +0000, Bob Headrick wrote:

"William R. Walsh" m
wrote in message news:_dRJl.80078$DP1.1720@attbi_s22:

You may wish to look around and see if any special procedures are required
to change over from OEM ink and print heads to aftermarket ones.

One of the issues here is that the C7180 uses permanent printheads so it
is not possible for the end user to change them.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

He knows that because he retired from HP. I wonder if he had input into
the HP manual that states you should use HP ink. And if this printer does
NOT have an integrated printhead in the cart your risk is greater.
Old April 30th 09, 05:37 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 02:09:41 -0500, Tony wrote:

"Ed" wrote:
I noticed for the first time when buying a new cartridge for my HP
photosmart printer C7180 that Calidad cartridges were available for it.
Anyone used these? the manual stresses not to use any other inks as this may
damage the printer. Is this true? The cost was round half the HP brand.
Thanks any comment.

I am not opposed to refilling or to compatible cartridges. In fact I have used
and sold them in the past.

Just Like I Said. In the business. He sold them.

Having said that, my experience is that Calidad is not one of the best
alternatives available. They have a reputation for inconsistent and sometimes
poor results, certainly they are cheap!

A businessman is posting about a fly by niter.

I will not be persuaded to recommend any particular product because there are
so many good ones that it would be unfair to do so.

Oh Yeah he stopped selling good ones.

Old April 30th 09, 06:36 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank

measekite wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 05:04:58 +0000, William R. Walsh wrote:

Hi!

Well, you will surely soon hear from "measekite" or whatever he's calling
himself these days to tell you that Yes Aftermarket Ink Is Bad For Your
Printer and that You Will Surely Break Your Printer If You Even Look At

At least you are on the right track. The risk of damage to most printers
is higher except for HPs with an integrated printhead in the cart. Then
you need to worry a bit about the following:

Leakage
Lower quality unless you do not care

but if you want to print nice photos or other documents and want them to
look their best then go down the rest of the track

Liar!
Gert lost asshole!

Update on my Canon IP4000 query--- + new query MB_ Dell Computers 3 December 28th 04 11:09 AM
Deterioro de la calidad con el tiempo Jorge Garcia Scanners 0 December 7th 04 08:47 PM
HBA query Upendra Rajput Storage & Hardrives 3 October 10th 04 05:21 AM
DVI query Jabout Homebuilt PC's 2 May 8th 04 10:30 PM
AGP Query Zippy & Bungle Homebuilt PC's 2 April 13th 04 02:28 PM