Samsung SCX-4725 all in one cartridges

Old April 25th 09, 08:37 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Samsung SCX-4725 all in one cartridges

I have a Samsung SCX-4725FN printer. The toner cartridge has a chip
that limits how many sheets can be printer with a cartridge. Does
anyone know how to reset that chip when the counter limit is reached
but there is still toner in the cartridge? Is there a way to override
the chip and refill the cartridge?

TIA
Old April 26th 09, 02:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Apr 25, 3:37 pm, wrote:
I have a Samsung SCX-4725FN printer. The toner cartridge has a chip
that limits how many sheets can be printer with a cartridge. Does
anyone know how to reset that chip when the counter limit is reached
but there is still toner in the cartridge? Is there a way to override
the chip and refill the cartridge?

TIA

Looks a lot like mine, a lesser 2510 I'd find less than appealing
without a similarly non-functioning blown fuse. All I've got to do is
put black tape over the resulting red idiot's flasher if it bothered
me (so far, I've put in six refills on the original toner assembly).

First google hit http://www.rechargermag.com/articles/69476/

Apparently you'll need find an aftermarket supplier of these chips.
To suggest calling Samsung isn't something I'd do. Try looking
through the rest of the hits for replacement chip prices or a hardwire
way to hack the thing into oblivion.
Old April 29th 09, 06:11 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
William R. Walsh

Hi!

You might check to see if there is an option in the menu to configure the
unit to print anyway, even if the cartridge is empty.

I know the SF-565P Samsung multifunction device has such a function in its
menu map--and it did not affect operations in any way other than a few
additional beeps when printing (handy, because the machine doesn't ring
loudly) and the occasional reminder on the display panel.

William