I need another printer

Old April 24th 09, 04:47 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Yvon Bois

Default I need another printer

My old one is dead (rip). my unit is a: " Int - w 200 unit". where can
I buy a compatible printer?
The high-techoffice do not have any in stock.

Yvon

Old April 24th 09, 07:30 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Don Phillipson[_4_]

"Yvon Bois" wrote in message

My old one is dead (rip). my unit is a: " Int - w 200 unit". where can
I buy a compatible printer? The high-techoffice do not have any in stock.

Repost saying (1) what Operating System you use,
(2) what printer brand you prefer, if any, and
(3) how much you want to spend.
For most users, I recommend Brother inkjet or laser
printers that have become obsolete but use standard
ink or toner refills. Presumably in order to simplify its
warehousing, in 2008 Brother offered most obsolete models
at $40 to $60 i.e. half price or less than a set of refills.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old April 24th 09, 10:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
IntergalacticExpandingPanda

On Apr 24, 11:30*am, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
"Yvon Bois" wrote in message

My old one is dead (rip). my unit is a: " Int - w *200 unit". where can
I buy a compatible printer? *The high-techoffice do not have any in stock.

Repost saying (1) what Operating System you use,

A w200 is a webtv, specifically the Sony version. It would have been
so much easier if webtv supported postscript, or HP laserjet
language.

Buying a printer for a WebTV is a difficult task to say the least.
This is where you encounter the fact that modern printers are priced
well below their value. When you think printer for webtv, think about
$300. I'm not saying it'll cost you $300, but that's a reasonable
cost given there were only a handful of supported in WebTV. Modern
printers don't even support the same cable as webtv uses.

http://www.epson.com/support/vendor/webtv/
http://printingwithwebtv.tripod.com/...eprinters.html
HP DeskJet 895cxi

The last link is mainly w100 compatible printers, but I'd guess what
was supported on the w100 is supported on the w200.

The only solution outside of repair is finding a list of printers that
would work with the w200, and hitting craigslist.org, ebay, or
froogle.com for them.

hightech office should have some models
http://store.high-techoffice.com/hepa67forwei.html

I would say consider upgrading your webtv, but a MSNTV2 only supports
things up to the Epson c88 and r260. I'd be happy with those
printers, and you can still buy them, but they are no longer made. 5
years down the road you'll be in the same boat.

Old April 28th 09, 11:44 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
IntergalacticExpandingPanda

On Apr 27, 6:36*pm, Joel wrote:
"Don Phillipson" wrote:
"Yvon Bois" wrote in message

* * * * If you only need ink cartridge you can refill then all you need to do is
using your browser to GOOGLE for more information of whatever printer you
would like to have. *As my understanding, the refillable ink cartridge not
only available to all currect latest printers, but it's even much better
than the original or 3rd party ink cartridge.

This person has a Webtv, Sony model w200. Their options are rather
limited as far as printers go, not the least of which is having a
Centronics printer port.

Old April 28th 09, 04:45 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 03:44:41 -0700, IntergalacticExpandingPanda wrote:

On Apr 27, 6:36Â*pm, Joel wrote:
"Don Phillipson" wrote:
"Yvon Bois" wrote in message

Â* Â* Â* Â* If you only need ink cartridge you can refill then all you need to do is
using your browser to GOOGLE for more information of whatever printer you
would like to have. Â*As my understanding, the refillable ink cartridge not
only available to all currect latest printers, but it's even much better
than the original or 3rd party ink cartridge.

This person has a Webtv, Sony model w200. Their options are rather
limited as far as printers go, not the least of which is having a
Centronics printer port.

WebTV is a joke. Maybe you will try to help someone who want to connect
their printer to their abacus.
Old April 28th 09, 05:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank

STFU you stupid pile of useless ****!
Old April 29th 09, 12:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

On Apr 28, 8:45*am, measekite wrote:
WebTV is a joke. *Maybe you will try to help someone who want to connect
their printer to their abacus.

It's not for me to say what a person uses. WebTV is rather limited,
but it does web and e-mail. I was on broadband when webtv was new,
and as such I wasn't interested. MSNTV2 is at least a little more
interesting if it wasn't for the pesky deal of being locked into
"their" service. But given new TVs support 720p and 1080p, there
isn't really a need for a dedicated PC like appliance so long as one
is willing to shell out the moolah.

The only thing I would care about is whether a person can attach a
printer to a webtv for less than the cost to upgrade systems. Given
MSNTV2 costs $200, and a new printer costs $100, and one can
reasonably expect older printers for less than $300, this in it self
isn't a reason to upgrade.