good Ink gone bad

Old April 22nd 09, 11:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
LF

Default good Ink gone bad

I've read about some old inks developing problems, but never
experienced it until today. Sometimes, with old color inks, I pour it
thru a coffee filter before using -- to filter out any organic
growth. Today, I went to refill an old HP 500 AIO with ink I've
probably had for more than ten years, stored it in the attic, subject
to New England's hot and cool spells. The dyebased black ink turned
brown, and developed a vinegar-like smell. Down the drain it goes.

I buy ink in smaller batches,and usually use it up within a year --
so I probably won't see this kind of thing again.

Best,
Larry
Old April 23rd 09, 12:23 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ato_Zee

On 22-Apr-2009, LF wrote:

ink I've
probably had for more than ten years, stored it in the attic, subject
to New England's hot and cool spells. The dyebased black ink turned
brown, and developed a vinegar-like smell. Down the drain it goes

The smell was probably due to bacterial growth, which changed the pH,
which changed the color. You can't blame the ink mfr for that.
In any case it's best to srore bulk ink in a cool, place, away from
strong lighting.
If you don't use that much ink then OEM cartridges off eBay are a
good bet, particularly for older printers, people tend to sell
cartridges from printers they no longer have on eBay. With Epson
you can query the vendor as to its date.
Old April 23rd 09, 06:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:57:19 -0700, LF wrote:

I've read about some old inks developing problems, but never
experienced it until today. Sometimes, with old color inks, I pour it
thru a coffee filter before using -- to filter out any organic
growth. Today, I went to refill an old HP 500 AIO with ink I've
probably had for more than ten years, stored it in the attic, subject
to New England's hot and cool spells. The dyebased black ink turned
brown, and developed a vinegar-like smell. Down the drain it goes.

I buy ink in smaller batches,and usually use it up within a year --
so I probably won't see this kind of thing again.

Best,
Larry

You have the wrong title. It should be Bad Ink Gone Worse

Old April 23rd 09, 08:36 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John McWilliams

Frank wrote:

You really don't quite seem to get it, "Frank".
Replying in any manner puts you at the same level.

--
john mcwilliams
Old April 26th 09, 01:41 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
TJ

John McWilliams wrote:
Frank wrote:

You really don't quite seem to get it, "Frank".
Replying in any manner puts you at the same level.

Worse, IMHO. I have "Frank" killfiled, because he never has anything
constructive to say. Measekite is not, because every once in a great
while he says something that's worth something.

TJ
Old April 26th 09, 03:43 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
FBonWin7RC1x64

TJ wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
Frank wrote:

You really don't quite seem to get it, "Frank".
Replying in any manner puts you at the same level.

Worse, IMHO. I have "Frank" killfiled, because he never has anything
constructive to say. Measekite is not, because every once in a great
while he says something that's worth something.

Like what? All he does is regurgitate articles that are on the web.
Face it pal, measher-****-head has NO PERSONAL USAGE EXPERIENCE AT ALL
CONCERNING AFTER MARKET INKS OR CARTS.
IOW's he is a fukkin POS asshole loser.

Old April 26th 09, 04:27 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Nicolaas Hawkins

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 20:41:39 -0400, TJ wrote in
:

John McWilliams wrote:
Frank wrote:

You really don't quite seem to get it, "Frank".
Replying in any manner puts you at the same level.

Worse, IMHO. I have "Frank" killfiled, because he never has anything
constructive to say. Measekite is not, because every once in a great
while he says something that's worth something.

Cite the last two occasions, please.

--
- Nicolaas
Old April 26th 09, 02:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
TJ

John McWilliams wrote:
Frank wrote:

You really don't quite seem to get it, "Frank".
Replying in any manner puts you at the same level.

Worse, IMHO. I have "Frank" killfiled, because he never has anything
constructive to say. Measekite is not, because every once in a great
while he says something that's worth something.

Cite the last two occasions, please.

It's been a while in this newsgroup, to be sure. I really can't remember
how long it's been, but it HAS happened. Seems like the last time it had
something to do with Linux vs. Windows. Perhaps I think it was worth
something because that time I happened to agree with him.

Notice I said, "in a great while." The advocacy of OEM ink is a valid
pursuit here - even if his methods are objectionable. Frank and his many
personae, on the other hand, once had something to contribute, but now
all he ever does is respond to anything Measekite posts in a moronic
fashion. He's much more pathetic than Measekite, and that's pretty darn
pathetic.

The last two times I saw something of value from Measekite have been in
the newsgroup pertaining to The Gimp, an open-source image manipulation
program. I don't feel like looking them up for specific citations, so I
won't. I do remember he was advocating better printing modules for the
program, particularly, of course, for his beloved Canon printers. Also a
valid pursuit, as open-source support by many printer manufacturers is
downright dismal.

TJ
Old April 26th 09, 08:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
IntergalacticExpandingPanda

On Apr 25, 8:27*pm, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

Cite the last two occasions, please.

I can cite one.

DSL vs fixed lens, suggesting that Panasonic offered one of the better
fixed lens solutions, which was actually a reasonable statement as
they do some with Leica glass.

Frank, I can't think of the last time frank said anything useful. I
like others think Frank = Measekete.