CD burner slow - Follow up....

Old September 24th 03, 12:16 PM
K. Wing Wong

Default CD burner slow - Follow up....

I posted a message a month ago, asking help with regard to burning
CD with the bundled CD burner and Roxio software. The problem was that
it took 25 minutes to burn a music CD which seemed slow. Various
tips were offered.

I burned my first CD since then, and I noticed that there was an option
in the Roxio Easy Creator 5 software. I had a choice of recording using
"Track at once", or "Disc at once". Track at once was the default and
that took 25 minutes. I chose Disc at once instead, and it only took
6 minutes. The only difference that I can see is that there are no
2 second gap between tracks with the faster option.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the difference is, and why the
dramatic difference in speed?

kwong (at) nbnet (dot) nb (dot) ca
Old September 27th 03, 11:24 AM
Conny Enström

"K. Wing Wong" skrev i meddelandet

I posted a message a month ago, asking help with regard to burning
CD with the bundled CD burner and Roxio software. The problem was that
it took 25 minutes to burn a music CD which seemed slow. Various
tips were offered.

I burned my first CD since then, and I noticed that there was an option
in the Roxio Easy Creator 5 software. I had a choice of recording using
"Track at once", or "Disc at once". Track at once was the default and
that took 25 minutes. I chose Disc at once instead, and it only took
6 minutes. The only difference that I can see is that there are no
2 second gap between tracks with the faster option.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the difference is, and why the
dramatic difference in speed?

Do you have the cd-rom and cd-r on the same IDE cable?
If you have it like that ,that is the problem.

Old September 27th 03, 02:32 PM
K. Wing Wong

The CD rom and CD-RW is the same drive. I emailed Compaq support
and they came back and told me that the behaviour is normal. They
also told me that there is no way to put in a gap between tracks
using the Disc at once option.

CD burner is very slow Jacob Cdr 6 July 14th 04 01:40 AM
Slow burn speeds on Sony DVD Burner DRU-510A James D General 0 March 4th 04 10:44 PM
BackUp MyPC: How to Slow Down the CD Burner? JamesDad Cdr 5 October 29th 03 04:10 AM
Compaq CD burner slow.... K. Wing Wong Compaq Computers 8 September 5th 03 08:26 PM
Help!! My Burner Can't Read Any Disks (Blank or Recorded) , Is it Dying On Me. Neemo Cdr 0 July 30th 03 05:57 AM