CD rom not responding, Compaq Presario 7360

Old August 28th 04, 01:38 AM
josh

Default CD rom not responding, Compaq Presario 7360

Hi all,
I have a friend who has a Compaq Presario, with a label on the tower
that says 7360. She did a Quick Restore because of the blue screen of
death, after being online and chatting at Yahoo. Now, the cd rom
drive will not recognize any cd at all. I'm guessing a corrupt
driver, but just guessing. I never owned a Compaq so I don't know
much about it. Help. Any ideas?
Also, she can no longer get online through her Verizon DSL
connection because she can't get the cd rom drive to recognize the cd.

Many thanks,
Josh
http://www.joshkaplan.com
Old August 28th 04, 11:07 AM
HH

Try removing the CD-ROM drive from device manager in Windows. Then reboot
and see if Windows will redetect it.
HH

om...

Old August 31st 04, 02:24 AM
josh

We checked in "My Computer" and the cd drive shows up with a plus. We
checked in Windows Explorer and got for the d drive, "system_sav(d)".
She uses the E drive, and that showed up too.

Josh

Old August 31st 04, 11:50 AM
HH

E: is the CD ROM drive unless a different hard drive with more than 2
partitions was installed.
The hard drive is C: and D: and the CD-ROM drive is E:
HH
om...

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 31st 04 02:23 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 24th 04 02:30 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 3rd 04 04:25 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 27th 04 06:21 PM
Compaq user diagnostics diskette bananaboat Compaq Computers 3 April 21st 04 03:05 AM