Acer Service guide for Aspire 2000 series

Old August 29th 04, 10:03 PM
Jo Maiers

Default Acer Service guide for Aspire 2000 series

Hello,

I urgently need a service guide (support manual) for the Acer Aspire 2000
series.
Because I must change a keyboard.

The former link: http://www.acersupport.com/library/as2000sg.pdf is broken
or has changed.

Where can I get this service guide i badly need??

Can anyone help me ?

Would be very happy if anyone cold help.

Greets
Jo

Old August 30th 04, 04:51 AM
Good Man

"Jo Maiers" wrote in
:

Hello,

I urgently need a service guide (support manual) for the Acer Aspire
2000 series.
Because I must change a keyboard.

just wondering... why are you changing the keyboard? is it physically
broken, or are you having troubles with the repeating-key problem (ie:
typing a letter and getting it twice)....

if it is the latter, be aware that a BIOS update has fixed this very
annoying keyboard issue with the Aspire 2000 series. it's BIOS 1.07 and
available on the ACER support websites.

Old September 7th 04, 07:59 PM
William Cheng @work

Its not the user guide that we are after - its the service guide ie: how to
take apart the notebook.

Thanks,
Still looking for it if anyone has a copy.

"sr" wrote in message
.. .
"Jo Maiers" wrote in
:

Hello,

I urgently need a service guide (support manual) for the Acer Aspire
2000 series.
Because I must change a keyboard.

The former link: http://www.acersupport.com/library/as2000sg.pdf is
broken or has changed.

Where can I get this service guide i badly need??

Can anyone help me ?

Would be very happy if anyone cold help.

Greets
Jo

You don't have the travelmate 8000 guide by any chance?

Look on the support site for the address of the user guide now and just
replace the userguide name at the end with the service guide name, which
you already know.
It's a synapsenow website address but I can't recall the full address
offhand. Not that you'll have problems finding the address and changing
the end of the address to as2000sg.pdf.

Old September 8th 04, 08:32 PM
Good Man

"William Cheng @work" wrote in
:

Its not the user guide that we are after - its the service guide ie:
how to take apart the notebook.

Thanks,
Still looking for it if anyone has a copy.

if you read the latest posts, you will see that a kind fellow has archived
many Acer Service Manuals, including the Aspire 2000, at:

http://www.underflow.dk/acer-sg
Old September 8th 04, 08:32 PM
Good Man

sr wrote in
:

I think it's something like
https://www.synapsenow.com/synapse/data/7117/documents/
with the as2000sg.pdf on the end for the aspire 2000 service guide and
likewise for other older guides.

Old September 8th 04, 11:21 PM
William Cheng @work

Wow!!