Do they make such a thing (RJ 11)

Old November 30th 04, 06:11 PM
Jack Gillis

Default Do they make such a thing (RJ 11)

This is not exactly a computer topic but I does have to do with using
DSL with my computer.

I am rewiring the telephone system in my house. I will wind up with
separate lines for DSL to a few rooms. I need to make a short, one foot
or so, cable out with an RJ 11 type connector one end and bare wire on
the other. The connector will plug into the jack in the NID and the
bare wires will go to a screw down terminal strip. Does anyone know if
there are RJ 11 connectors that I can use with the two twisted pair wire
commonly used in telephone wiring in a building?

Thank you very much.

Old November 30th 04, 06:30 PM
kony

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:11:16 -0500, "Jack Gillis"
wrote:

This is not exactly a computer topic but I does have to do with using
DSL with my computer.

I am rewiring the telephone system in my house. I will wind up with
separate lines for DSL to a few rooms. I need to make a short, one foot
or so, cable out with an RJ 11 type connector one end and bare wire on
the other. The connector will plug into the jack in the NID and the
bare wires will go to a screw down terminal strip. Does anyone know if
there are RJ 11 connectors that I can use with the two twisted pair wire
commonly used in telephone wiring in a building?

Thank you very much.

IMO, you'd be better off just putting in a jack and using
short RJ11-RJ11 extension cable. If you'd planned to hook a
phone into it too then buy a dual jack. As for the
connectors, sure you can buy crimp-on connectors for RJ11
just like you would for RJ45, and a crimp tool... providing
you're using appropriately small gauge wire (I foget the
gauge ATM).
Old November 30th 04, 07:28 PM
Pen

Radio Shack 279-391 is what you want; or you could just wire the
terminal
strip to a standard Telco block with an RJ11 cover?
http://www.radioshack.com/category.a...1%5F008&Page=2

Old December 1st 04, 10:32 AM
Jack Gillis

Thank you very much, Pen.

The Radio Shack page gave me what I wanted. The parts will give me what
I need/want with a little change in my plan for the scheme of things.