replacment fan for GeForce4 Ti?

Old July 1st 04, 02:12 AM
chris jones

Default replacment fan for GeForce4 Ti?

Is it posible to get a replacment for my GeForce4 Ti graphics card? I was
getting very noisy so i decided to clean it and discovered it has worn out
or melted somwhat, it hardly turns round at all.

At the mo i have a cpu fan mounted infront of the heatsink but it means i
have to have my case open cause its one of those mini cube ones.

any ideas what i can do?

cheers,

chris

Old July 1st 04, 07:28 AM
Kylesb

Carefully peel off the seal/sticker in the middle of the fan and apply
a drop of all-in-1 or machine oil (I use Teflon based lube from Radio
Shack). Then replace the sticker/seal. If this fails to get the fan
working, get an aftermarket cooler, there are plenty to find if you
search for them.

--
Best regards,
Kyle

Old July 1st 04, 09:03 AM
Adam S

| Is it possible to get a replacement for my GeForce4 Ti graphics card?
I was
| getting very noisy so I decided to clean it and discovered it has
worn out
| or melted somewhat, it hardly turns round at all.

Carefully peel off the seal/sticker in the middle of the fan and apply
a drop of all-in-1 or machine oil (I use Teflon based lube from Radio
Shack). Then replace the sticker/seal.

I have done this a couple of times and it does work, but only for a few
months :-(

How long is the warranty on the card? My ASUS card has three years and I've
just replaced under warranty because the fan went noisy after 10 months.

Adam S

Old July 1st 04, 04:20 PM
Kylesb

"Adam S" wrote in message

| | Is it possible to get a replacement for my GeForce4 Ti graphics
card?
| I was
| | getting very noisy so I decided to clean it and discovered it
has
| worn out
| | or melted somewhat, it hardly turns round at all.
|

| Carefully peel off the seal/sticker in the middle of the fan and
apply
| a drop of all-in-1 or machine oil (I use Teflon based lube from
Radio
| Shack). Then replace the sticker/seal.
|
| I have done this a couple of times and it does work, but only for a
few
| months :-(
|
| How long is the warranty on the card? My ASUS card has three years
and I've
| just replaced under warranty because the fan went noisy after 10
months.

| Adam S

Yes, I agree, sometimes this fix is short term. One should plan to
replace the fan after doing this fix. A close inspection of these
fans reveals they are extremely low cost/quality fans, rather
disturbing imho.

--
Best regards,
Kyle