Soyo Dragon Ultra P4X400 Won't Boot

Old January 19th 04, 05:36 AM
F.

Default Soyo Dragon Ultra P4X400 Won't Boot

Hi,

I was wondering if someone has run into any problems
with the Soyo Dragon Ultra P4X400. I just put together
this system and it just won't boot up.

The unit does get power as all fans and LEDs light up.
However, I see no video and hear no beep. I have
tried several working graphics cards from other
PCs and still nothing.

I have also tried striping the unit from all peripherals
cards and hard drive (just leaving video, mouse and keyborad)
but still no video. It seems that the motherboard might
be dead since I hear no beep during POST.

At this point I am thinking of getting a new mb but
wanted to know if anyone has run into a problem with
this mb before.

Intel P4 2.8 Ghz 2x 512b ram
Soyo Dragon Ultra P4X400
Radeon 9800 Pro 128
120GB Hard Drive
CD-RW and DVD drives
Creative SB Audigy
400 watt power supply

Thanks
Felix

Old January 27th 04, 05:45 AM
JAD

take the board out of the case no keyboard no mouse just PSU, vid, mem, cpu / hsf, In my experience if the fans spin and you have
a 'led' then the odds are 'better' that it maybe something else.