ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 drivers??

Old May 15th 07, 03:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
mike

Default ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 drivers??

I bought a used ATI TVWonder USB2.0 NTSC tuner.
No software.
I've tried downloading drivers and media center from
ATI.
When I try to load media center, it puts up the ATI splash screen
and hangs. The close window box is greyed out. Only thing I can do
is bring up task manager and kill it. Then I get a messagebox
that says, "remote procedure call failed..."
Some of the stuff I've tried complains that it can't load the codecs
because it can't find codecs loaded????
I can get media center up, but it doesn't recognize the tuner.

I imaged a clean install of windows XP Pro SP2. I start each attempt with
a fresh image to eliminate the old driver problem...I think...
I did manage to get a picture, but no sound with wintv...so I know the
tuner is at least partially functional. Looks like a software problem.

IS there somewhere I can download
the install disk that came with the thing so I can at least get started?
Or an alternate freeware solution to record/time-shift tv off the thing?
Thanks, mike
--
Return address is VALID!
Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale He
Old May 15th 07, 04:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Captain Midnight

"mike" wrote in message
[...]

Drivers need to be installed before connecting the USB device. Order of
installation is important too. You may have a problem in the Registry and
need to clean up.

Check out ati.com/install for the clean up procedures.