Which Windows XP (64 bit) services are needed for Floppy Drive 7 in 1 Card Reader (FA404M) ?

Old June 14th 06, 04:47 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

Default Which Windows XP (64 bit) services are needed for Floppy Drive 7 in 1 Card Reader (FA404M) ?

Hello,

Which Windows XP (64 bit) services are needed for Floppy Drive 7 in 1 Card
Reader (FA404M) ?

I think I turned off some services and now the card reader is not working
any more.

It does not show up in windows explorer.

The floppy drive does show up but the remote/removable storage drives are
gone.

I tried turning on some services and even changing some bios settings
nothing helped so far ?!!!!!!!!!

Service hell it seems.

For a 10+ billion dollar costing operating system pretty ****ing
unbelieveable

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 14th 06, 05:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

I started a whole lot of services and it still not working.... very
strange....

Maybe the thing died... or maybe something else ****ed it up... strange
strange strange.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl...
Hello,

Old June 14th 06, 08:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:56:26 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

I started a whole lot of services and it still not working.... very
strange....

It's not strange in my world. Have you uninstalled everything, booted
into safe mode and uninstalled all the dead wood in device manager,
and then reinstalled?

If that doesn't work, here is a message ID for a post you might find
useful:

Charlie

Old June 14th 06, 05:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl...
Hello,

Which Windows XP (64 bit) services are needed for Floppy Drive 7 in 1 Card
Reader (FA404M) ?

I think I turned off some services and now the card reader is not working
any more.

It does not show up in windows explorer.

The floppy drive does show up but the remote/removable storage drives are
gone.

I tried turning on some services and even changing some bios settings
nothing helped so far ?!!!!!!!!!

Service hell it seems.

For a 10+ billion dollar costing operating system pretty ****ing
unbelieveable

I`ve got one of these under Windows XP SP2 (32 bit version). The floppy
drive works fine. The icons for two removable drives come up, but trying to
open them just results in an "insert disk in drive" error message. I`ve
tested the reader with known good SD and Memory stick memory, both of which
worked before and after the test.

Any ideas what might be wrong with it? Driver issue, or is it RMA time?

Old June 14th 06, 11:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

"Simon Finnigan" wrote in message
[...]

Some say do a system restore before some generic usb driver was installed.

It seems windowsupdate did something like that.

I don't believe my drive is damaged for one second.

I believe 99% driver bug, 1% damaged possbility.

Deamon Tools also stopped working after WindowsUpdate.

These things **** me off enough that I even start considering linux or
something else lol, though I would hate that.

What's more annoying than this scenerio ?

You hope to improve your operating system etc by going to WindowsUpdate and
instead you are worse off than before !

Pretty ****ing annoying !

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Old June 15th 06, 03:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

[...]

We are a system builder and have had customers report issues like that.
Apparently, Windows Update changes the USB driver to one called
"Genesys" which causes problems. See fix below...

(The solution was (as stated in a previous reply) to use Device Manager, go
to Universal Serial Bus Controllers, select the "Genesys Mass Storage
Device", and change the driver back to the standard "USB Mass Storage
Device"
In detail - double click the Genesys USB Mass Storage Device - Driver
tab -
Update Driver - "No, not this time" - Install from list or specific
location (Advanced) - Don't Search. I will choose the driver to install -
"USB Mass Storage Device" - Next, etc... )

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
E-mail: Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

Old June 15th 06, 04:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

"KC Computers" wrote in message
[...]

My windows xp 64 bit situation is as follows:

Universal Serial Bus controllers:

- Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
- Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
- USB Composite Device
- USB Root Hub
- USB Root Hub

Which of these could be usb mouse, usb keyboard and usb flash drive ? kinda
strange.

This section is also kinda strange:

Human Interface Devices:

- HID-compliant consumer control device
- HID-compliant device (When I click on Driver Details it says: no driver
files required or have been loaded.)
- USB Human Interface Device
- USB Human Interface Device
- USB Human Interface Device

I only have a usb keyboard and usb mouse.

So why three USB things, kinda strange as well.

Sigh.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 15th 06, 09:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 05:47:56 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

Hello,

Which Windows XP (64 bit) services are needed for Floppy Drive 7 in 1 Card
Reader (FA404M) ?

I think I turned off some services and now the card reader is not working
any more.

It does not show up in windows explorer.

The floppy drive does show up but the remote/removable storage drives are
gone.

I tried turning on some services and even changing some bios settings
nothing helped so far ?!!!!!!!!!

Service hell it seems.

For a 10+ billion dollar costing operating system pretty ****ing
unbelieveable

Bye,
Skybuck.

First of all, if you've been working inside your computer, it's very
easy to loosen a cable. You didn't say if you've secured the USB
connections on the drive and on the motherboard.

Ron
Old July 13th 06, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Skybuck

Hello,

I'm on a dial up so I'll keep it short.

I just wanna say my flash drive is working again and I am loving it

I think it was a bios problem.

I set the speed to hi-speed or full speed, can't remember which... that
solved it.

So check usb 2.0 speed in bios and try changing it if you are having
problems.

Ofcourse this is pure speculation but I think this was the problem...
since I can remember I changed it to see what would give more speed
etc.

USB 2.0 flash drive is pretty speedy... I haven't done any speed tests
yet.. but my first estimate is 10 MB/sec... it's at least much faster
than 4 MB/sec that's for sure !

Bye,
Skybuck.