Is monitor dying?

Old September 10th 03, 02:06 AM
nite owl

Default Is monitor dying?

I have a KDS visual sensations monitor. It started pulsating, like about the
middle of the screen pulsed inward from both sides. Now it runs for about
half an hour then goes black, the green light on the front stays on.
If I turn it on with out turning on the pc, the test squares bounce around
and say the monitor is working fine.
So is there something I can do to revive it or is it really going dead????
Thanks in advance

Old September 10th 03, 02:42 AM
HN

"nite owl" wrote in message
ink.net...

I have a KDS visual sensations monitor. It started pulsating, like about

the
middle of the screen pulsed inward from both sides. Now it runs for about
half an hour then goes black, the green light on the front stays on.
If I turn it on with out turning on the pc, the test squares bounce

around
and say the monitor is working fine.
So is there something I can do to revive it or is it really going dead????
Thanks in advance

Yes, my monitor is doing the same think. Now all I see is on it is one white
line in the middle. The only way I can get it to work no is to give it a
good wack.

Old September 10th 03, 04:06 AM
Vlad

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 21:42:35 -0400, "HN" wrote:

"nite owl" wrote in message
link.net...

I have a KDS visual sensations monitor. It started pulsating, like about

the
middle of the screen pulsed inward from both sides. Now it runs for about
half an hour then goes black, the green light on the front stays on.
If I turn it on with out turning on the pc, the test squares bounce

around
and say the monitor is working fine.
So is there something I can do to revive it or is it really going dead????
Thanks in advance

Yes, my monitor is doing the same think. Now all I see is on it is one white
line in the middle. The only way I can get it to work no is to give it a
good wack.

That should be simple to fix.
It's most likely a bad connection.

Vlad

Old September 10th 03, 06:05 AM
HN

"Vlad" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 21:42:35 -0400, "HN" wrote:

"nite owl" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

Wow, what was I smoking when I posted that last post?
Oh right Pot.
Sorry about the spelling.

Yeah it could be easy to fix, but you should get it fixed by someone who
knows what their doing. Or Just buy a new one.

Old September 11th 03, 10:07 PM
nite owl

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:06:48 GMT, "nite owl"
wrote:

I have a KDS visual sensations monitor. It started pulsating, like

about the
middle of the screen pulsed inward from both sides. Now it runs for

about
half an hour then goes black, the green light on the front stays on.
If I turn it on with out turning on the pc, the test squares bounce

around
and say the monitor is working fine.
So is there something I can do to revive it or is it really going

dead????
Thanks in advance

About a month ago I had a 21" KDS along with 2 other monitors. The
picture on that KDS went black ... no picture at all.
I took the back off of it, looked around in it hoping that it was just
full of dust or something ... no luck with something that simple G

I brought it in to a repair shop and left it there. They called me
about 2 days later and said that it was a problem with the
high-voltage circuit. They said that they called the KDS company
trying to get repair parts for it and KDS told them that they dont
carry those parts anymore. The tech at the repair shop told me that I
could come in and pick-up the monitor because there's nothing they
could do for it.

I told him that if they had a dumpster they could throw the monitor
into it, and that would probably save me from a back-injury trying to
do the same thing .........

Good luck on yours though, you might have an entirely different
problem. Just thought that I would get out a hanky while I told my
monitor sob-story .................. G

Scott
--
Scott, thanks, I went through an entire box of kleenex reading your story.
I tried putting fans on it to keep it cool but after half an hour, same
thing
black screen.
I find it strange that the green on/off button remains bright green.
And the test monitor colored squares show up when turned on without pc being
on.
I'm using my old 15"sony triniton. My Sony pc from 97' is still working like
a champ.
Unlike a new E-machine that lasted about a year. A new Gateway that never
has run right, and a Compaq
that is always sqwaking about something.
I'll have to wait till I save up enough to buy a Sony monitor.
Thanks for the story though it was (excuse me while I get a kleenex) very
sad.