HD error 10 ?

Old June 25th 03, 09:49 PM
Karl

Default HD error 10 ?

What is error 10 on Harddisk? Hitachi 80 GB, external inclosure, Firewire.

Old June 26th 03, 04:13 AM
Marc Reinig

Where did the error come from? Device Manager?

What OS 98/ME or 2k/XP?

If this was from the device manager, it means the device cannot start. This
is usually the result of bad HW or a bad or incorrect driver.

Marc Reinig
System Solutions

Old June 26th 03, 09:37 PM
Marc Reinig

Virtually everything in XP is accessed through a driver. In this case, I
suspect that you have a problem with your Firewire driver stack since it
works with USB.

Marc Reinig
System Solutions

"Karl" wrote in message
It came from Device manager.

WINXP

But Harddrives do not have drivers, right?

It works in a USB mode, but not Firewire. That is what I like to get
working.

m...

Old June 26th 03, 10:38 PM
Marc Reinig

I should have said it is probably a problem with your Firewire driver stack,
Firewire controller or firewire interface on the disk.

Do you have another firewire device you could plug in?

Marc Reinig
System Solutions

How and where do I check that?

Old June 27th 03, 12:59 PM
Karl

Yes, the Digital camcorder works fine. if I use even the same FW cable. Same
slot or different slot .

I do not know what a FW driver stack is though. Driver stack for what? The
enclosure or the HD ?

"Marc Reinig" wrote in message
.. .
I should have said it is probably a problem with your Firewire driver

stack,
Firewire controller or firewire interface on the disk.

Do you have another firewire device you could plug in?

Marc Reinig
System Solutions

How and where do I check that?

Old June 27th 03, 05:17 PM
Marc Reinig

My guess is that your drive has a problem with the firewire interface.

Does the drive work on another computer with Firewire?

Marc Reinig
System Solutions

"Karl" wrote in message
Yes, the Digital camcorder works fine. if I use even the same FW cable.

Same
slot or different slot .

I do not know what a FW driver stack is though. Driver stack for what? The
enclosure or the HD ?

"Marc Reinig" wrote in message
.. .
I should have said it is probably a problem with your Firewire driver

stack,
Firewire controller or firewire interface on the disk.

Do you have another firewire device you could plug in?

Marc Reinig
System Solutions

How and where do I check that?