Opinions please

Old February 4th 04, 01:41 PM
flekso

Default Opinions please

How about these temperatures for Duron 1600 overclocked to 2.3 GHz:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/muhaha1981/ ,

thanks.

Old February 5th 04, 09:22 PM
flekso

I just built a Abit NF7-S, with a Antec SLK3700-BQE case. I have 120mm
fans on either end, a Thermalright S-97, and a Duron 1.6 that I am
running at 12x200 for 2400Mhz.

Great OC, i've thus far managed to take a sneak peak at winxp at that
frequency .
I was somewhat on the budget when i made the motherboard decision so i went
for the leadtek ncr18d-pro(~72$), and it's worth it in all respects except
for the lack of vdd setting.

What's your story with vdd, vcc ?

CPU temp under load is 41, case temp is
26 no matter what. It was only $76.00 from NewEgg, and it includes an
Antec SmartPower 350w power supply. An incredible value, I think.

Yup, that's the temp i measured while i was running the setup *out of the
box*

Old February 5th 04, 09:33 PM
flekso

"Deadly_M" wrote in message
Your case temps especially are to high
you'll get random crashes and possibly harddrive failure if you go on like
that

possibly review the airflow in your case , i find lots of folks have fans
fighting against each other

Could be, i've got this MSI "350W" psu with two fans but i believe one of
them is blowing inward instead out, and even if that's not the case it's
still way to chummy for my foxconn 5600RPM monster + there's no place to
place the front propeller - liquid nitrogen time...

blow in at the bottom with as many fans as you like , but only blow out at
the top with your PSU fan.
my case temps are 24 degrees , room temp is 21

ISP opinions Jtiche General 3 January 19th 05 04:03 AM
Opinions on Which Dual Opteron Board To Use? J. Hinkey AMD x86-64 Processors 1 December 17th 04 01:32 AM
Building a new system ... asking for opinions Robert TV General 2 August 10th 04 09:51 PM
K8N-E SATA Choices - Opinions Please p00lb0y AMD x86-64 Processors 1 July 30th 04 12:26 AM
Opinions on this DVD Burner Buck Turgidson General 0 December 4th 03 11:51 AM