Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

Old January 17th 19, 03:37 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Default Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court to force Micro$oft to
extend its support for Windows 7?

I do NOT think Windows 10 is ready for the prime time, it's update is
absolutely as horrifying as a data doomsday.

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
¤£*ɶU! ¤£¶BÄF! ¤£½ä¿ú! ¤£´©¥æ! ¤£¥´¥æ! ¤£¥´§T! ¤£¦Û±þ! ¤£¨D¯«!
½Ð¦Ò¼{ºî´© (CSSA):
Old January 17th 19, 03:53 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
nospam

In article , Mr. Man-wai
Chang wrote:

Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court to force Micro$oft to
extend its support for Windows 7?

no.

I do NOT think Windows 10 is ready for the prime time, it's update is
absolutely as horrifying as a data doomsday.

it's definitely ready for prime time. the problem is that microsoft has
****ty q/a and keeps releasing buggy updates, although i think they may
have finally realized they need to fix that. 1809 was a rather serious
****up.
Old January 17th 19, 04:08 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
Johnny

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 22:37:21 +0800
"Mr. Man-wai Chang" wrote:

Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court to force Micro$oft to
extend its support for Windows 7?

I do NOT think Windows 10 is ready for the prime time, it's update is
absolutely as horrifying as a data doomsday.

It will never be ready. it will only get worse.

I was perfectly happy running Windows 7, then Microsoft started
deliberately destroying its operating system. I have never understood
why a company would do this.

Old January 17th 19, 04:47 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
Mr. Man-wai Chang

On 1/17/2019 11:08 PM, Johnny wrote:

I was perfectly happy running Windows 7, then Microsoft started
deliberately destroying its operating system. I have never understood
why a company would do this.

You should have asked: why is US Government tolerating that kind of
business behavior and ethics?

Old January 17th 19, 04:48 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
Mr. Man-wai Chang

On 1/17/2019 11:37 PM, Wolf K wrote:

That is, if quantum computers remain forever only a hopeful gleam in
developers' eyes. Successful quantum computers would make any notion of
fundamental security a naive fantasy.

The software of quantum computers will carry the same Win 10 problems!
It's just software!

Old January 17th 19, 05:05 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
nospam

In article , Wolf K
wrote:

"New! Improved!" is easy to do with cars, for example. You just change
the styling and add a few gimcracks. Impossible with an OS without a
radical redesign, from the ground up.

not only very possible, but it happens all the time, and with much more
than just styling changes.

each major version of windows, android, macos and ios are all 'new
improved' over the previous versions, sometimes in very significant
ways.

That's what made OS/2 and Windows
NT superior to DOS/Windows. Win7 (and Win8 without the Metro GUI) is a
relatively mature version of NT. Pretty good, despite its security
flaws. W10 is a styling change with a few gimcracks added.

win10 is a bit more than just a styling change. there are new features
and new apis. some apps will not work in older versions (although right
now, very few require win10).

MS has never
had a good sense of style, and its gimcracks apparently result from late
night pizza-fuelled BS sessions.

that part is true. microsoft's design language is pretty bad.

But those flaws can IMO at best be only patched over. It's possible to
build a more secure OS (see Unix, Linux, OS-X) but even those are
limited by the fundamental insecurities of the CPU chips, whose makers
have focussed on speed and power, not security.

AFAICT as an observer, it's possible to build fundamentally more secure
CPU chips. Given those, a fundamentally secure OS could be built.

that makes no sense.

But
not a foolproof one: users will always be the prime security flaw.

that part is true.

people are easily phished.
Old January 17th 19, 05:08 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
Mr. Man-wai Chang

On 1/18/2019 12:05 AM, nospam wrote:

that part is true.
people are easily phished.

It's that people has no authority over Micro$oft and US Government.

Old January 17th 19, 06:37 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
SilverSlimer

"Mr. Man-wai Chang" wrote:

Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court to force Micro$oft to
extend its support for Windows 7?

I do NOT think Windows 10 is ready for the prime time, it's update is
absolutely as horrifying as a data doomsday.

It will never be ready. it will only get worse.

I was perfectly happy running Windows 7, then Microsoft started
deliberately destroying its operating system. I have never understood
why a company would do this.

To encourage you to use 10 and embrace Modern apps.
Old January 17th 19, 08:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 12:37:11 -0500, silverslimer wrote:

| On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 09:08:48 -0600, Johnny wrote:
|
| On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 22:37:21 +0800
| "Mr. Man-wai Chang" wrote:
|
| Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court to force Micro$oft to
| extend its support for Windows 7?
|
| I do NOT think Windows 10 is ready for the prime time, it's update is
| absolutely as horrifying as a data doomsday.
|

| It will never be ready. it will only get worse.
|
| I was perfectly happy running Windows 7, then Microsoft started
| deliberately destroying its operating system. I have never understood
| why a company would do this.
|
| To encourage you to use 10 and embrace Modern apps.

I find Windows 10 to be far superior to 7. Some had a problem with Build 1809 when
it was originally released (I didn't), but that has now been fixed. 10 even runs on
older systems. I have a laptop that came with Vista (ugh!) installed. It was later
upgraded to 7 and then to 10. The laptop isn't UEFI capable, but 10 still runs well
on it.

Larc
Old January 17th 19, 08:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 14:48:16 -0500, I wrote:

| I find Windows 10 to be far superior to 7. Some had a problem with Build 1809 when
| it was originally released (I didn't), but that has now been fixed.

Oops! Version 1809, not Build.

Larc