Skybuck's wishlist for a future motherboard :) !

Old December 14th 05, 03:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Skybuck's wishlist for a future motherboard :) !

SkyBuck Says:
"Nope, it's the cpu. (I can download with 500 KB/sec and upload with 60

KB/sec)"
You get 500k download? what is your line speed? Ive never heard of
512kb line downloading at 500kb unless it is connecting directly to a
server at your ISP?? There is always some overhead through the
internet. I have an 8MB DSL which NEVER goes over 700kb/s no matter
where I'm connecting to and there is never an average opeerating speed
on the internet.

SkyBuck Says:
"It's also quite interesting to see how I can make a server very
populair by always playing on that server... if you good you attract
other good players as well and in the end cheaters who want to ruin it
for others."

Yeah right, I'm sure ALL the good players in the world are following
your virtual footsteps to see where you are playing next? With the
'dark side' of the world following closely behined, waiting for you to
enjoy yourself .. just to spoil it.. (of course it cant be that your
crap at playing or bored of the game)

On the whole, your first post is correct and I understand your
frustration - motherboard manufacturers (in particular nForce4) do
indeed create some buggy products which is largely attributed to the
inclusion of new technology that is still in its infancy.

Seriously tho, if you do not want all of those features on your
motherboard, then disable them in the bios (wow .. clever huh? btw: if
you dont know what bios is, google it or ask any 10 year old) then ....
buy the extension card/device of your choice (be it LAN, Audio, etc)

On a more serious matter, you talk so much sh1te that I nearly closed
my browser, locked my workstation, walked to my office window and
jumped downwards towards the concrete, head first ensuring that I did
not have to read or remember any of your dribble. But then, I thought
that a well structured reply would make me feel a bit more "sociable".

1. Accept that you may have posted to a group that is not interested
2. If you expect others to listen to you, accept their responses
3. Im bewildered by your knowledge of computers and how you expect that
your computer is good for 99.9% of applications but not MM Flash..
Shows how crappy your computer is and flaky your computer knowledge is.
4. Do you EVEN have the money to buy a new computer? If so - go buy it
and stop talking about it - we dont care what a warbler like you does.
5. People do buy computers JUST for games.. my new computer *upgrades*
(£700 and rising) are just for battlefield2, nothing else.
6. Im not coming back so you can slag me off all you like, I can see
what you are like from your crappy posts and you cant say or do
anything that would bother me.
7. "Don't bother I don't want to play with wallhackers anyway" Like,
how old are you?
8. "I am also in doubt how much faster a X2 3800+ really is.. maybe
it's not that much faster than a PIII 450 mhz :P ok I know
it's probably like 10 or maybe 15 times faster " What are you a
complete moron?? Firstly I wouldnt buy an X2 yet, secondly I most
certainly wouldnt buy the 3800 version .. try 4400 or 4800 to get 1MB
cache on each core. Thirdly An X2 3800 is way more than 15 times
faster due to the architecture that it is based on, Intel is completely
different to AMD, X2s are 64 bit enabled giving them more memory
adresses even when running in 32bit mode, X2s are dual core and
therefore theoritically double the processing power of a single core
equivalent chip.
9. You are a programmer.. that explains a whole heap of things
including but not limited to:
Why you are boring and have annoyed most of the NG readers
Why you sit and write crap (I am doing so whilst waiting for an early
home time)
Why there is some gob ****e programs out there, programmers like you
should get their fingers cut off
Why you have no 'effing clue about computer hardware or how a computer
works (short of whatever rudimentary programming experience you have)

Have a lovely day, Regards,

P.S.FYI High quality components ARE used in DFI motherboards but
they dont always function as expected, due to poor chipset designs,
other poor components like PSU, Memory, etc

Old December 15th 05, 12:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Frobinrobin Says:
You get 500k download? what is your line speed? Ive never heard of

Leave Skybuck Flying play, play, play! And, please don't go back at
Skybuck like that, he seems like an all right person to me. I liked
reading his wish list, and besides, if he sends that wish list to
Resident, North Pole, he won't need money to get what he wants. Skybuck
really doesn't need X2 unless he plans to play more than one game at a
time, or work and play a game at the same time. X2s are basically meant
for multi-tasking. He needs to get a mainboard with a good PCI-E
interface, good graphics chipset, at least an AMD 4000+, and a good LAN
controller. That's why I told him about the Abit AT8. It's a good all
around mainboard. One can do just about any type of office work on it,
and when one is all caught up, and/or when a client stops over to the
office (a challenge to a vidio game might be good for public relations
ploy)!!! If Skybuck can't afford two graphics cards, the AT8 comes with
a mirror card for the other PCI-E slot (most mainboards don't include a
mirror card). Frobinrobin, he's probably a rich kid with not much else
to do than play games. (maybe he ought to pick up a book or research on
the internet to find out more about computer hardware. Maybe then he
can come to the groups with more intelligent questions). Whatever, Gold
Fingers