watch tv on geforce fx5900?

Old January 12th 04, 12:16 AM
mimayin

Default watch tv on geforce fx5900?

Hi, im probably being dumb but i noticed a TV Tuner device in my device
manager.. does this mean i can watch tv on my geforce 5900ultra or do i need
an extra card for this?

mimayin

Old January 12th 04, 01:18 AM
The Black Wibble

"mimayin" wrote in message ...
Hi, im probably being dumb but i noticed a TV Tuner device in my device
manager.. does this mean i can watch tv on my geforce 5900ultra or do i need
an extra card for this?

The MSI FX5900Ultra-VTDR256 has a tv-tuner built in. The 'R' stands for Receiver. If your card has VIVO only,
it just means you've installed the wrong WDM package. Get drivers for VIVO only cards from
http://www.nvidia.com/object/wdm_winxp-2k-Me-98se_2.13

Tony.

--
3GHz P4 (HT enabled)
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

To email me, replace org.nz with net.nz

Old January 12th 04, 01:23 AM
mimayin

FX5900Ultra-VTDR256

returns not a single hit on google, yet the card i have FX5900Ultra-VTD256
(without the R) returns 201.. was the receiver-enabled version only sold
in the us maybe?

mimayin

Old January 12th 04, 01:34 AM
The Black Wibble

"mimayin" wrote in message ...
FX5900Ultra-VTDR256

returns not a single hit on google, yet the card i have FX5900Ultra-VTD256
(without the R) returns 201.. was the receiver-enabled version only sold
in the us maybe?

Bizarre... it appears to exist in the graphics card manual only.

Tony.

Old January 12th 04, 10:45 PM
The Black Wibble

"mimayin" wrote in message ...
so how do i go about watching tv on it?

Connect a VCR to the TV-in, install the latest VIVO only WDM drivers, download and install ATV2000 from
http://mikecrash.wz.cz/ or any other TV viewing software, and watch TV.

Tony.