CAT 9.11 official are released

Old November 22nd 09, 07:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
DRS

Default CAT 9.11 official are released

"Wile E. Coyote" wrote in message
news
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Can anyone tell me why the XP 32-64 9.11 HDMI Audio is over 23MB compared to
the 3.5MB of 9.10? Ditto the 24MB 9.11 AVIVO package v 9.10 1.1MB? Obly
the 9.11 CCC is in the ballpark, 43.3MB v 41.6MB.

Old November 23rd 09, 01:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Stephen H. Fischer[_2_]

Default CAT 9.11 official are released - HDMI Audio

Hi, while we are on the subject of HDMI Audio.

I have a puzzlement with HDMI Audio.

The Graphics Card I have is the ASUS EAH4350 Silent.

I installed the latest software from the ASUS web site, not what is on the
supplied CD.

With my WIN XP SP3 HTPC I tested HDMI output and got a great picture, just
like I get with DVI and VGA outputs at the same time.

But no sound.

Using the HDMI output from my Vista laptop I got both Video and Audio just
fine.

I found the 23MB file : "ATI HDMI Audio Driver 22.8 MB 9.11 11/17/2009" on
the web.

I assume that I must install the ATI CatalystT Display Driver Version 9.11
after uninstalling the ASUS software before trying to use the ATI HDMI Audio
Driver.

I assume that this is safe to do. Is this a good plan?

I did find a message suggesting that if I had used the ASUS CD that the HDMI
Driver would have been installed, I think that I found it on the CD, but I
cannot find any trace of it in the Windows folder.

Is it necessary for the HDMI cable be plugged in when installing either
Catalyst 9.11 or the ASUS software on the CD to get the HDMI Audio Driver
installed?

I can find no separate file for my EAH4350 on the ASUS site for HDMI Audio.

SHF

. au...

Old November 29th 09, 08:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tom Lake

"Wile E. Coyote" wrote in message
news
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

I can't seem to install on Win 7 Ultimate x64 . I've tried
running as Administrator with no luck. After I click the Install
button, nothing happens at all.

Tom Lake

Old November 30th 09, 08:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gorby[_2_]

Tom Lake wrote:

"Wile E. Coyote" wrote in message
news
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

I can't seem to install on Win 7 Ultimate x64 . I've tried
running as Administrator with no luck. After I click the Install
button, nothing happens at all.

Tom Lake

I've been able to install on Win 7 pro x64!

Did the uninstall of the old, reboot, and install of the new.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Sorry, can't help.
Old December 2nd 09, 01:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tom Lake

"Tom Lake" wrote in message ...

"Wile E. Coyote" wrote in message
news
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

I can't seem to install on Win 7 Ultimate x64 . I've tried
running as Administrator with no luck. After I click the Install
button, nothing happens at all.

I got the driver itself to install by going into Device Manager,
updating the Display Driver and pointing to the location that
was created by the aborted ATI install. I still can't install CCC, though.
I checked the event log and don't see any reason for the failure.
I tried sfc /scannow and no bad files were found. I'm stumped.

Tom Lake
Old December 2nd 09, 01:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tom Lake

"Tom Lake" wrote in message ...

"Tom Lake" wrote in message ...

"Wile E. Coyote" wrote in message
news
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

I can't seem to install on Win 7 Ultimate x64 . I've tried
running as Administrator with no luck. After I click the Install
button, nothing happens at all.

I got the driver itself to install by going into Device Manager,
updating the Display Driver and pointing to the location that
was created by the aborted ATI install. I still can't install CCC, though.
I checked the event log and don't see any reason for the failure.
I tried sfc /scannow and no bad files were found. I'm stumped.

Tom Lake

Oh yeah. I also started the computer with the bare minimum
drivers and no startup items. I though maybe some other program
was interfering with the install. Still no luck.

Tom L
Old December 9th 09, 06:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
testeur

I have the same problem but under XP SP3. Installed without problem under W7-64 !
Under XP the installer is starded and works for about 10 minuts (with I/O writes in Task Manager),
but nothing appears on the screen. At the end of this, nothing is installed et no error reported
anyware. I Also have try in safe mode, but same result.
Manual driver installation works OK, but no way tio install CCC or WDM
Re-install of prévious version works fine.
I dont understand where is the problem.
Any help welcome

Olivier

Official Drivers paul.j Ati Videocards 0 January 29th 07 06:55 PM
ATI Radeon are rubbish - official. Bazzer Smith Ati Videocards 17 August 10th 06 09:52 PM
84.25 ' nVidia official ' BETA driver now released (March 22) John Lewis Nvidia Videocards 9 March 24th 06 10:17 PM
official 4.12s are out Sleepy Ati Videocards 0 December 13th 04 11:37 PM
since downloading the official SP2 robin.gordon1 Overclocking 6 September 21st 04 09:03 AM