5564 cinema problems / WDM capture

Old December 26th 03, 04:34 AM
Gazpar

Default 5564 cinema problems / WDM capture

HI all...

I'm trying to diagnose a problem.

here is what we have:
win2k (fully updated)
AthlonXP 2100
abit AT7
512 2100 ddr
Nvidia Xtasy Everything Cinema (5564)
A TON of hard drive space
42.53 nvidia drivers
WMD 2.13
winDVR 2, and 3 installed

The 5564 is running in twinview, and also a cable tuner. On the second
channel, I have a video switchbox, that splits to a second monitor, or
a video projector.

Been a nice lil setup, with very minimal problems untill recently.

for the last month or so, I have gotten the occasional "blue screen"
on boot. A reset normally fixes the issue. It had been happening more
recently.
BTW: This is where I updated the drivers to 42.53 / 2.13 WMD

I got a new projector, and replaced the old one.
Immeditaly, I lost my WMD video capture driver.
~When in doubt, always undo the last thing you did~

I unplugged the second connector from my 5564, and rebooted.
I got the driver back.
during TV capture (about 20 minutes later) I realize that I cant
change channels. I close winDVR, and try to open again..
"hardware not found"
After making sure that everything is connected, Im at a loss.

I have winXP on a seperate partition, and found the same problem there
(indicating a hardware problem)

I have tried NUMEROUS driver combinations...
the inital drivers that worked flawlessly were 30.82 and 1.16.
The beta drivers that I have tried consist of 3082, 45.33, 52.16,
52.70.
WDM 1.16, 1.23, 2.03, 2.13, 2.18.

One odd note....
with several of the driver packages, I was seeing "unknown device" in
the hardware.
"More Info" told me that it was connected to the video card.
I tried to direct it to all the drivers that I have for Nvidia, and
none registered. IM not sure what driver package showed it, but not
all did.

I made sure to go through and delete all nv*.* files after each
install.

I even went as far as to install a fresh copy of win2k... update it
current (including the nVidia download), and try a fresh install...
Once I connect the (green) TV tuner/input box, I get the "toxic lemon"
on capture driver.

Is this card (as far as capture) dead ?
NO matter what I do,, I cant get the capture to work.
(given the fresh install, and 2 OS's seeing the same problem, I would
think YES)

If so, what would cause it?
(although I may have seen trouble signs of its decline, would
connecting a new monitor/projector put it over the top? [seems far
fetched, but maybe possible])

The card is still working well,, Just dosent do TV, which was the
whole point of the card.

Im open for ideas, and anxiously awaiting any ideas.

Thx