Graphic cards and ga-8sg667

Old November 17th 03, 01:52 PM
Filippo Bagattoni

Default Graphic cards and ga-8sg667

I have a gigabyte ga-8sg667 MB with agp 8x support but in MB box it's
written that are only supported 4x(1.5 V) graphic cards....In Gigabyte
website it's written that my MB completely support AGP 8x graphic
cards, but when I wrote a letter to gigabyte support service to
question if I could install any ultimate generation graphic cards like
xfx ge-force 5200,5600,5900 ultra or Ati Radeon 9800 Pro, that was the
reply:"First of all, thank you for making Gigabyte your choice.
About the issue you mentioned in the mail, you might be able top use
these AGP cards, but the speed will downgrade to 4X only. And we can't
guarantee the result. Please try before you buy
.."!!!!Unbelievable!!!!So why the hell they write AGP 8x support
everywhere when they aren't sure of that????!! I want to know if there
is anyone with my same MB and a ge-force fx 5200 graphic card (or
Higher)installed,that works without any problem on his system?

Thanks to all for listening to my orrible English...and for support.

Filippo
Old November 18th 03, 12:07 AM
Ockerr

Yes the FX5200 works like a charm

Your setup is the same as mine But if I did it again I would buy a FX5900
remember the FX card will take DirectX9 Try some of the Demos at Nvidia.com

cheers

om...