Nero 6 bug

Old July 29th 03, 01:34 AM
Folk

Default Nero 6 bug

In Nero Burning Rom, if I click on "File", I get a dialog box that
says "Internal Error", followed by a "Instruction at blah blah at
memory location blah blah." Anyone else seeing this?

I tried it both as an upgrade install (over the top of 5.5) and as a
clean install (after removing 5.5). I made a disk image before
installing which allowed me to try it both ways.

Windows 2000 SP 4
P4 2.53 on Intel 845G chipset board.
Plextor PX-W4824A

P.S.
I was one of the people that purchased Nero 5.5 after May 1st, so I
was eligible for a free upgrade to 6. When I used the registration
code they sent via e-mail, the program title changed from "Nero Demo"
to "Nero OEM". Why would it say OEM since I purchased the full retail
version direct from Ahead?

Old July 29th 03, 02:41 PM
Charles

I upgraded after May 1 from a bundled Nero that came with my Yamaha burner
so that it would work with my new DVD burner. I too qualified for the free
upgrade and mine also says Nero OEM. Puzzled me too but all seems to
function OK. Chuck
news

Old July 29th 03, 02:53 PM
vergs

I downloaded Nero 6 Demo & Nero Vision Express 2 (I have been running an OEM
version of Nero 5.5), I am running Directx 9.0b and also cannot launch
NeroVision Express 2! Maybe a problem with DirectX 9.0b?? I am Running
Windows 2000 Pro SP4.

Regards
Vergs.

"Nevada Jack" wrote in message
I have no problem with Nero Burning ROM. Do not receive any error message
when clicking on File Menu.

Also, I also purchased 5.5 Serial # after May 1 and received 6.0 number.
Installed new serial # and changed from Demo to just 6.0.0.9....that is
strange you would receive an OEM.

BTW...have you downloaded DX9.0b from MS WIN Update? If so, are you

having
any problem opening Nero Vision Express 2 application or individual DVD
authoring tasks in Smart Start? I am getting an error messsage..."you

need
DX9.0 or higher to run this application." and none of the Vision Express
function including the app will not open.

Jack

news

Old July 29th 03, 04:57 PM
Chas

I am running DirectX 9.0b and NeroVision Express 2 launches and I have
burned successfully previous captures to VCD. I had downloaded Express 2
about two weeks ago at the same time as I went from my Yamaha bundled
version to a full license that would work with my DVD burner. Windows XP
Home SP1. Chuck

"vergs" wrote in message
[...]

news

Old July 30th 03, 07:03 PM

"vergs" wrote in message
I downloaded Nero 6 Demo & Nero Vision Express 2 (I have been running an

OEM
version of Nero 5.5), I am running Directx 9.0b and also cannot launch
NeroVision Express 2! Maybe a problem with DirectX 9.0b?? I am Running
Windows 2000 Pro SP4.

I'm running Direct X 9.0 (4.09) and cannot even install NeroVision 2 as it
says I need to have Direct X 9 installed ??

Rest of Nero working fine

Old July 30th 03, 07:56 PM
Nevada Jack

Ahead Tech Support in California says there is no issue with DX9.x since
they ran it on two of their machines and the tech ran it on his home
computer.

I have sent them the enrtries from this group indicating my problem is not
unique. I have asked them to at least send me some files that I should look
for or someway to find out why NVE2.0 does not see DX9 files.

Will post on this group when I hear from them again.

I suggest you sent your problem to Nero Support so they see it is not a
single system.

Jack

Old August 2nd 03, 01:59 PM
Peter Johnson

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:21:28 +0000 (UTC), Powderpuff Boys
wrote:

I thought you were one of the unfortunate guys who got their hard disks
wiped by Nero 6 (http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7638).

Think about this - if you try: C:\ del *.* on a live system the first
thing that's going to happen is a load of error messages when it tries
to deete command.com etc from the root; a problem for those who keep
important stuff in the root of course.
Old August 25th 03, 10:42 PM
Jeff Davis

Folk wrote in message . ..
In Nero Burning Rom, if I click on "File", I get a dialog box that
says "Internal Error", followed by a "Instruction at blah blah at
memory location blah blah." Anyone else seeing this?

I have the same problem on my Windows XP SP2 install. Everything went
fine from the installation, then I got the same internal error. This
was the first time Nero had been installed on this machine. Does
anyone know what's causing this?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old August 27th 03, 01:58 AM
Jeff Davis

"feronni" wrote in message ...
"Jeff Davis" wrote in message
om...
Folk wrote in message

. ..

I have the same problem on my Windows XP SP2 install.

XP SP2 isn't out until late 2004

typo. I installed an older 5.x.x.x version of Nero and had no problems.
Old September 18th 03, 10:04 PM
Jason Sheldon

I've had this bug since installing Nero 6 as soon as it was available.

It only happens on my Sony Vaio Laptop (GRX415MP), Windows XP, SP1.

Just click the "file" menu and bang... "Internal Error".

I reported it to Ahead, but not heard ANYTHING since there email
saying their website was being revamped.

J.