Enabling AHCI on ASUS P5W DH Deluxe after Windows Xp Home (OEM) Installation

Old October 3rd 06, 04:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Brian Covill

Default Enabling AHCI on ASUS P5W DH Deluxe after Windows Xp Home (OEM) Installation

Hello,

I've read many posts on this subject, but am unable to come to the right
conclusion as to how to enable this functionality on my Serial ATA Boot
Drive. Is it absolutely necessary to re-install XP and press F6 to load
these AHCI drivers in order to enable all the features of the SATA drive?
Can it not be done without re-installing Windows?

Is there a fairly straightforward approach? Which version of Intel Matrix
Storage Manager is required and The Floppy Utility as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Old October 3rd 06, 05:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Phil

Follow these instructions to the letter:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofivers...p/t457699.html

Once done, install the latest Intel Matrix Storage Manager, to bring
everything up to date:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...=2101&lang=eng

-phil

Old October 4th 06, 02:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Brian Covill

Thanks a lot for the info. I just found the "Neowin" forum earlier this
evening.

I'll give it a shot.

Brian

Old October 4th 06, 11:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Phil

It sounds like you may have goofed somewhere along the line. I can't stress
enough that you need to follow the instructions to the letter. Did you
properly edit the IMSM_PRE.inf file, replacing *all* instances of DEV_27C5
with DEV_27C1?

There's no reason why this should not work for you, when we have the very
same mobo. All I can suggest is that you try again.

-phil

"Brian Covill" wrote in message
Hi Phil,

Well I tried this method and all I got was the dreaded Blue Screen and the
computer kept rebooting until I went back into the BIOS and enabled my
SATA drive as Standard IDE and Enhanced mode.

I guess I better leave it alone for now. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,
Brian

. ..

Old October 5th 06, 12:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Phil

Glad to hear that. Try benchmarking your drive with an app called HDTACH.
Easy to find with Google.

-phil

"Brian Covill" wrote in message
Hi Phil,

It's working now. I missed inputing one "1". My fault.

Thanks again for your help. I'm glad I didn't have to install XP again to
enable this driver.

Brian

"Phil" wrote in message
. ..
It sounds like you may have goofed somewhere along the line. I can't
stress enough that you need to follow the instructions to the letter. Did
you properly edit the IMSM_PRE.inf file, replacing *all* instances of
DEV_27C5 with DEV_27C1?

There's no reason why this should not work for you, when we have the very
same mobo. All I can suggest is that you try again.

-phil

"Brian Covill" wrote in message
Hi Phil,

Well I tried this method and all I got was the dreaded Blue Screen and
the computer kept rebooting until I went back into the BIOS and enabled
my SATA drive as Standard IDE and Enhanced mode.

I guess I better leave it alone for now. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,
Brian

. ..

Old October 7th 06, 02:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Tim S.

Phil wrote:
[...]

Phil, Is there a 64 bit version of these drivers that you know of?

Thanks
Tim