Just Ordered my new PC do you think its a decent pc :)

Old June 27th 04, 05:23 AM
Jake Smith

Default Just Ordered my new PC do you think its a decent pc :)

Everyone has bad batches, have not heard of any bad things about the
drives so far, just that they are fast and quiet, fingers crossed

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 03:59:45 GMT, "Canus_Lupis"
wrote:

"As for the Hitachi HDD... as long as its decent spec and has a min 3
year warranty.. who cares ?? most parts are from the same
manufacturers anyway..."

IBM developed such a bad rep for their hard drives that they sold the hard
drive side of their business to Hitachi.
This is why Hitachi can call their drives Travelstar and Deskstar. You still
wouldn`t want to own one though.

Old June 27th 04, 09:07 AM
Canus_Lupis

Everyone has bad batches, have not heard of any bad things about the
drives so far, just that they are fast and quiet, fingers crossed

In all fairness I know very little about the Deskstar hard drives but in
Laptop Land, the Travelstars are pathetic.
The damned things grow bad sectors like your garden grows weeds.
The reason I know little about the Deskstars is because the guys that work
in my favourite computer spare parts store warned me off IBM drives quite
some time ago and they are in the best position to know what parts are
returned more than normal.
It could be true that everyone has bad batches and I will not dispute this,
but not year after year.
For what it`s worth, I get a great run out of Seagate drives.