abit or asus mobo for OC?

Old April 16th 04, 01:39 PM
Martin Christensen

Default abit or asus mobo for OC?

Hey

Time for an upgrade.

I want to change my current mobo and cpu (MSI KT3 Ultra ARU & T-bred 2000+)
to something newer.

I'm thinking of the classics ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe or ABIT AN7. It needs to be
very OC'able, have RAID, onboard sound and the holes on each side of the CPU
for my watercooling. These where the only 2 boards I could find that had
this.

Should I think outside the nForce2 Ultra 400 chip?

Which to choose?

In CPU i'm thinking XP Barton 2600+ or Mobile 2400+. Barton 2500+ also a
posibility if 2600+ isn't worth the extra cash.

Thx

Martin

Old April 18th 04, 01:13 PM

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:39:34 +0200, "Martin Christensen"
wrote:

Hey

Time for an upgrade.

I want to change my current mobo and cpu (MSI KT3 Ultra ARU & T-bred 2000+)
to something newer.

I'm thinking of the classics ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe or ABIT AN7. It needs to be
very OC'able, have RAID, onboard sound and the holes on each side of the CPU
for my watercooling. These where the only 2 boards I could find that had
this.

Should I think outside the nForce2 Ultra 400 chip?

Which to choose?

In CPU i'm thinking XP Barton 2600+ or Mobile 2400+. Barton 2500+ also a
posibility if 2600+ isn't worth the extra cash.

Thx

If you are thinking of just a straight OC of the barton 25oo to 32oo
then either one since it seems to be relatively easy and all you have
to do is set the FSB to 4oo,

Thats what Im doing as Ive posted a million times already and Im using
cheap memory . NOT generic mem but cheap Kingston and Kbyte 400 mem.

Generally Ive read that the Abit has a bit more options for micro
settings when you OC the board . Maybe the newer ASUSes have added the
option to but thats what Ive read. Ive got the slightly older A7n8x
Deluxe ver 2.

How to determine the version of an Abit mobo? *Vanguard* General 2 December 10th 03 01:53 AM
Peculiar RAM problems with an old Asus mobo setup?!? Darth Joules General 7 October 16th 03 07:48 PM
Asus P8P800-DX vs. Abit IS7 Alex General 2 October 10th 03 07:03 AM
Asus Vs. Intel mobo Dan J.S. General 4 September 21st 03 02:07 AM
Motherboard problems - abit and Asus [email protected] General 1 August 31st 03 08:13 PM