Genius Scanner

Old February 7th 04, 11:26 PM
Richard Wright

Default Genius Scanner

I have a Genius / Kyescan Colorpage HR7X Slim (USB) scanner running on Win
2000 SP3. Well, I say running, but not at the moment.

It has been Ok before. Having had to reinstall Windows though, and even
having downloaded the latest W 2000 drivers etc it refuses to show itself as
an installed program. Yes, the installation process seems normal, and on
rebooting the scanner wakes up. It even shows as an "Imaging Device" in
Control Panel / System. Checking the drivers show that everything seems
normal and Win 2000 thinks it's working properly. Even the Scanner Utility
shows that there's a connection to the grey box in the corner.

It does NOT, however, show up as a "Scanner or Camera" in Control Panel, nor
do either Paint Shop Pro or Corel Draw see it's there. In short, I can't
get a program to use it. Trying to reinstall it at that stage gives me the
option of connection to a Comms port or Printer port - not a lot of use as
it's a USB device.

Before I uninstall and reinstal the drivers yet again, and doubtless get the
same lack of success, can someone with more savvy (not difficult) please
come to my aid?