AGP Slot on P4P800 Deluxe

Old December 30th 03, 04:01 PM
Eric

Default AGP Slot on P4P800 Deluxe

Is there anything you have to do to lock in a video card on this slot? All
I did was push the card down into the slot -- but I thought I read something
about a locking mechanism or something.

I installed it like any PCI card -- just lined up the card over the AGP slot
and pushed down.

Did I not do everything I should? There appears to be some white plastic
along the AGP slot, but I'm not sure what it does.

The card works and is seen in device manager (the fan seems to be dying
though -- it starts and stops).

Note that my p4p800 deluxe is the revision 2.00a version.

Please let me know if you need to do anything else regarding locking the
video card in the AGP slot?

Old December 30th 03, 05:25 PM
Maximus

"Eric" wrote in message
Is there anything you have to do to lock in a video card on this slot?

All
I did was push the card down into the slot -- but I thought I read

something
about a locking mechanism or something.

I installed it like any PCI card -- just lined up the card over the AGP

slot
and pushed down.

Did I not do everything I should? There appears to be some white plastic
along the AGP slot, but I'm not sure what it does.

The card works and is seen in device manager (the fan seems to be dying
though -- it starts and stops).

Note that my p4p800 deluxe is the revision 2.00a version.

Please let me know if you need to do anything else regarding locking the
video card in the AGP slot?

Yes, the lock, a white plastic bar, is there; but I do not feel that is
necessary.
Kind of decoration ? OR for systems that may suffer from some rubbling ?

I do not lock my video card. I did test about lock and unlock; but there is
no difference. It may be up to your imagination for what use it is meant
for.

Max

Old December 30th 03, 07:52 PM
Ken Fox

"Eric" wrote in message
How do you use it to lock it? I couldn't figure it out.

I'm not home so I don't have access to my system board to look at. As I
recall, you get a small finger in under the white tab, flip it towards the
card itself, and it will lock in place, perhaps forcing the AGP card
slightly further down into the slot, which may be part of the reason for the
tab's existence. You need to remember to flip this tab upwards if and when
you decide to remove the AGP card in the future.

ken

?

Old December 30th 03, 08:01 PM
Roy Coorne

Eric wrote:

Note that my p4p800 deluxe is the revision 2.00a version.

I have a "P4P800_Deluxe" and a "P4P800 Rev.2.0", so I am curious about
the Rev. 2.00a - what is the difference as compared to earlier revisions?
Asus is silent...

Roy