Asus DVD E616 will not update firmware

Old November 28th 03, 02:32 PM
TheCroW

Default Asus DVD E616 will not update firmware

Hello

I know this is a newsgroup about Asus motherboards ... but it's the only
Asus newsgroup I can find, so ......

I downloaded the file DVDROME616_22.exe from the Asus site due to the
problems I have that this firmware update shold solve.
But whatever I try, the firmware update will not work. At the end of the
flashing I get an error: "Err: Verify NG !!" and the firmware just stays at
version 2.0. See screenshot at http://www.3dart4u.com/e616romerr.jpg

I did all that has to be done to secure good flashing:
- the DVD drive is set to PIO mode
- no disc in drive
- also did set the DVD as Master

How can I update the firmware now?

Specs:
Asus A7V266 motherboard
AMD XP 1900+ CPU
1 Gb DDR RAM
Asus V8420 GeForce4 Ti4200 128 Mb videocard
Asus DVD drive model E616 (attached directly to motherboard)
Windows XP home

--
Menno
=====================

Old November 28th 03, 03:12 PM
TheCroW

[...]

Maybe this will help :
http://digi.rpc1.org/mwf.htm

Okay, thanx!!! But it's not for my drive I guess: that program needs a
single binary file (BIN). But all that is on the Asus site, are the EXE
files. They flash the ROM directly.

Menno

Old November 28th 03, 03:46 PM
Paul

In article , "TheCroW"
wrote:

[...]

There is a thread about this topic he

http://club.cdfreaks.com/archive/topic/65836.html

HTH,
Paul
Old November 28th 03, 09:03 PM
Alejandro Jodorowsky

1.. Note:
2.. Please change your device from DMA mode to PIO mode and remove all
virtual drive software before you update firmware.

Old November 29th 03, 08:27 AM
Paul

Its a known prob with that update and that
DVD.

A lot of people have emailed ASUS

And theyve done nothing about it. I
have this DVD as well, and found that this
update didnt work at all. I tried those
other files and it nearly killed the thing in XP!

One fix changed it to region 5, which was no
use lol. I'm region 4. One changed it to something
else. Altho this DVD is also multizone (and you
can also reset it).

Old November 29th 03, 08:29 AM
Paul

And i saw that thing about changing
it to PIO. How exactly do you do that!

I tried the BIOS, and everything else in XP
it didnt wanna go to PIO!.

It also said the same thing for the update of
the Asus 52x24x52 cdrw. BUT that worked
without trying to figure out howta change it to
PIO mode.