Disable memory test in Bios

Old October 22nd 03, 06:22 AM
Stuart Palmer

Default Disable memory test in Bios

Hi,
I have an Asus p4b533 with bios 1.0a
Recently my bios went and set itself back to default and now when I boot up
the memory test ticks up about 3 time then continues, where as before it
just said the memory ammount. All other default things it set I have managed
to fix.
I have looked at the manual and on the www with not success on how to
disable the memory test as it was before.
Could someone post how to do this please?

Many thanks

Stu

Old October 22nd 03, 06:55 AM
Osmo Jauhiainen

"Stuart Palmer" kirjoitti viestissä
Hi,
I have an Asus p4b533 with bios 1.0a
Recently my bios went and set itself back to default and now when I boot

up
the memory test ticks up about 3 time then continues, where as before it
just said the memory ammount. All other default things it set I have

managed
to fix.
I have looked at the manual and on the www with not success on how to
disable the memory test as it was before.
Could someone post how to do this please?

Stuart,

Can you find such bios setting as "Quick boot enable" or "Fast boot..."
or something like that?
I'm not user of that mobo you have but there are often settings like above
available!

OsmoJ

Old October 22nd 03, 09:46 AM
Stuart Palmer

Osmo,
Thanks for the suggestion, I can see anything in the bios that says that and
I am sure I've looked in every section. (
Any other ideas?

Thanks
Stu

Old October 22nd 03, 01:13 PM
Rob

On your "BOOT" menu of the BIOS screens you should have a setting for
"Quick Power-on Self Test". Set it to Enabled and away she'll go!

Old October 23rd 03, 06:25 AM
Stuart Palmer

Cheers rob, that did the trick )
I was looking for 'boot' and 'memory'...doh!

thx again
Stu

Stuart Palmer wrote:
[...]

IDE RAID- Major problem need to save my data MC General 21 December 5th 04 05:38 AM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
Q: TECHie Gateway Solo On-Board Memory Disable - TIA Eskimo Pie General 3 March 5th 04 03:34 PM
Q: TECHie Gateway Solo On-Board Memory Disable - TIA Eskimo Pie General 0 February 29th 04 07:43 PM