Question about dvd burner

Old December 13th 03, 10:18 PM
Rambytes

Default Question about dvd burner

Hello,

First of all, excuse-me if my english is not very good... and ny the
way, this is my first post here!

So, i've buy this week end a dvd burner, the LG GSA-4040B and 'ive
upgrade the bios from ver A300 to A301 (direct from LG website).

I've buy blank dvd too, from many company (no brand, Princo, Maxell
and Mitsumi) and all these blank dvd are certified 4x.

The problem, is nero does not detect the blank media at 4x, but only
2x! I can burn dvd-rw at 2,4x, 1x, but not 4x...

What can be the problem? The place where i've buy the burner tell me
it's only because the burner detect the speed for the blank dvd.

But why all company certified the blank dvds at 4x but cannot go
higher than 2x?

Anybody have a solution for this? This is a normal situation?

Thanks alot!
Old December 14th 03, 01:12 AM
Shep©

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:18:55 -0500 Singing Yo-Ho-Ho and a Merry KMA
Rambytes wrote :

Hello,

First of all, excuse-me if my english is not very good... and ny the
way, this is my first post here!

So, i've buy this week end a dvd burner, the LG GSA-4040B and 'ive
upgrade the bios from ver A300 to A301 (direct from LG website).

I've buy blank dvd too, from many company (no brand, Princo, Maxell
and Mitsumi) and all these blank dvd are certified 4x.

The problem, is nero does not detect the blank media at 4x, but only
2x! I can burn dvd-rw at 2,4x, 1x, but not 4x...

What can be the problem? The place where i've buy the burner tell me
it's only because the burner detect the speed for the blank dvd.

But why all company certified the blank dvds at 4x but cannot go
higher than 2x?

Anybody have a solution for this? This is a normal situation?

Thanks alot!

Nero Is protecting itself from you making a,"Bad" burn.It has in-built
code to know what it can do best.You can override this in Nero's
settings but that's not always a good thing to do.
If you think/suspect that a burn is gong to take a long
time then use,"Comon sense" and leave it until that last thing you do
before you shutdown the system and set,"Nero"to shutdown the system
after the burn is complete.This way it will be done by the next day
and then it doesn't matter how long it took.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de