Help! Boot Dilemma

Old January 23rd 13, 03:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Jas

Default Help! Boot Dilemma

I have a killer problem during boot.

The BIOS display on my DELL deskktop will not respond to any keyboard
function key. I noticed this morning that the BIOS showed 'keyboard
failure', but after XP SP2 came up with its desktop, the keyboard
worked just fine.
God only knows how long this has been going on, and I just didn't
notice it. tried it a few times just to be sure. That would not be
a problem, except I mucked things up further by replacing the MOBO
battery, thinking that might help by resetting the BIOS. It didn't.
Now the BIOS hangs up requiring me to press F1 or F2 to continue,
which of course I can't because the keyboard is not recognized.
I have tried two other keyboards to no avail. The keyboards all work
in a second machine.

Am I dead in the water? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Jas

Audio dilemma Noozer General 5 December 14th 06 04:51 AM
Configuration dilemma... dryphone Homebuilt PC's 3 May 30th 06 12:26 AM
Another dilemma dvus Dell Computers 22 April 1st 06 03:20 PM
Midi dilemma... Kontaminator PC Soundcards 4 November 21st 05 03:05 PM
RAM dilemma Ben Pope Overclocking AMD Processors 1 July 29th 03 11:32 PM