Drivers for Heidelberg Linoscan 1400 Scanner? VueScan?

Old July 4th 11, 10:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
David WE Roberts

Default Drivers for Heidelberg Linoscan 1400 Scanner? VueScan?

** Please note X-post **

Hi,

I am about to start assisting a photographer to set up a Heidelberg Linoscan
1400 Scanner under Windows XP.

Obtaining the SCSI II card should be straightforward (but not necessarily
cheap) but given the age of this scanner we are having trouble locating any
drivers.

We have found the VueScan site which offers software plus drivers for $39.95
for the standard edition, but all Google searches seem to turn up for
drivers are the "bend down, grip your ankles and prepare to be shafted"
sites which try to download many things but not the driver.

Does anyone know a safe, reliable source of drivers (preferably free) for
Windows XP?

Is VueScan a good option?

The alternative is to use the SANE drivers under Linux.
I an confortable with Linux but it is likely to be a steep learning curve
for the photographer.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Old July 4th 11, 04:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
Wally[_3_]

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 10:49:07 +0100, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

I am about to start assisting a photographer to set up a Heidelberg Linoscan
1400 Scanner under Windows XP.

Obtaining the SCSI II card should be straightforward (but not necessarily
cheap) but given the age of this scanner we are having trouble locating any
drivers.

We have found the VueScan site which offers software plus drivers for $39.95
for the standard edition, but all Google searches seem to turn up for
drivers are the "bend down, grip your ankles and prepare to be shafted"
sites which try to download many things but not the driver.

Does anyone know a safe, reliable source of drivers (preferably free) for
Windows XP?

Is VueScan a good option?

You can download a trial version for free to find out.

Wally
Old July 4th 11, 04:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
Rob[_18_]

On 4/07/2011 7:49 PM, David WE Roberts wrote:
Heidelberg Linoscan 1400 Scanner

This is not bad software either I use it with my Epson.

http://www.silverfast.com/product/He...rg/166/en.html

http://www.silverfast.com/get_demo/en.html
Old July 4th 11, 05:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
Rob[_18_]

On 4/07/2011 7:49 PM, David WE Roberts wrote:
Heidelberg Linoscan 1400 Scanner

I think it maybe a version Umax Powerlook III ??

so you could look and try these drivers and see if they work.

http://www.umax.com/download/index.jsp

or

http://download.cnet.com/UMAX-PowerL...8_4-74361.html
Old July 4th 11, 09:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
David WE Roberts

"Rob" wrote in message
On 4/07/2011 7:49 PM, David WE Roberts wrote:
Heidelberg Linoscan 1400 Scanner

This is not bad software either I use it with my Epson.

http://www.silverfast.com/product/He...rg/166/en.html

http://www.silverfast.com/get_demo/en.html

Think this costs £300 UKP - possibly a bit too much?

Old July 5th 11, 02:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
Rob[_18_]

On 5/07/2011 6:43 AM, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
On 4/07/2011 7:49 PM, David WE Roberts wrote:
Heidelberg Linoscan 1400 Scanner

This is not bad software either I use it with my Epson.

http://www.silverfast.com/product/He...rg/166/en.html

http://www.silverfast.com/get_demo/en.html

Think this costs £300 UKP - possibly a bit too much?

see other post then where the UMax may run the scanner.

there are not many scanner companies most rebadge and its just finding
the correct brand.
Old July 5th 11, 04:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
Raymond Daley

wrote:
Does anyone know a safe, reliable source of drivers (preferably free) for
Windows XP?

Its worth pointing out to you that in essence all XP is is a rebadged &
repackaged version of NT so NT drivers will almost certainly work for your
scanner.
Its worth saying because it seems so few people actually realise thats what
XP really is.

Plus you are more likely to find NT drivers for free.

Old July 5th 11, 01:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
David WE Roberts

"Rob" wrote in message
On 4/07/2011 7:49 PM, David WE Roberts wrote:
Heidelberg Linoscan 1400 Scanner

I think it maybe a version Umax Powerlook III ??

so you could look and try these drivers and see if they work.

http://www.umax.com/download/index.jsp

or

http://download.cnet.com/UMAX-PowerL...8_4-74361.html

Rob,

thanks - from searching through various sites I think that the Umax matches
another (higher) Linoscan model number
However I can't now find the post!
No harm in giving it a try :-)

Old July 6th 11, 02:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
Rob[_18_]

On 5/07/2011 10:47 PM, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
On 4/07/2011 7:49 PM, David WE Roberts wrote:
Heidelberg Linoscan 1400 Scanner

I think it maybe a version Umax Powerlook III ??

so you could look and try these drivers and see if they work.

http://www.umax.com/download/index.jsp

or

http://download.cnet.com/UMAX-PowerL...8_4-74361.html

Rob,

thanks - from searching through various sites I think that the Umax
matches another (higher) Linoscan model number
However I can't now find the post!
No harm in giving it a try :-)

Cheers

Dave R

It does seem that all the UMax drivers are available free on there
site you can give them a try and see which works.

Old March 27th 12, 11:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
David WE Roberts[_2_]

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
[...]

Just to note that we went with the VueScan softrware which integrates well
with the Windows based photo editing software.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Heidelberg Linoscan 1450 sparepart and driver for Windows? CSM1 Scanners 0 January 30th 05 05:05 PM
Heidelberg Linoscan 1400 Pusky Scanners 0 June 10th 04 09:33 PM
vuescan shareware and hp 3300c scanner? Atlan Smith Scanners 0 November 22nd 03 06:31 PM
HEIDELBERG LINOSCAN 1200 Zen Scanners 1 October 10th 03 01:12 PM
Vuescan, IR cleaning, which film scanner? Sanaka Scanners 1 August 21st 03 04:24 PM