Xerox Phaser 8560DN - potential print head problem

Old May 4th 10, 09:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Boris Epstein

Default Xerox Phaser 8560DN - potential print head problem

Hi all,

Out printer was happy... until we got this error: 07,010.43:73178 .
Based on what little I managed to find on the web something seems
wrong with the printhead.

To this end, I've got a question: is there a good manual anywhere on
how to open up and disassemble these printers?

This or any other relevant advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Boris.
Old May 5th 10, 12:04 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

Boris Epstein wrote:
Hi all,

Out printer was happy... until we got this error: 07,010.43:73178 .
Based on what little I managed to find on the web something seems
wrong with the printhead.

To this end, I've got a question: is there a good manual anywhere on
how to open up and disassemble these printers?

This or any other relevant advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Boris.

The claim is, the print head is supposed to be good for 1 million prints.
It is piezoelectric and shoots molten ink. It doesn't come in contact
with the drum or the paper. The print head shoots ink onto the drum,
and from there, the paper is pressed to the drum, to transfer the ink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_ink

http://www.imaging.org/ist/resources.../solid_ink.cfm

On an expensive printer like that, a qualified technician may be
a good investment. They'll have the tools and parts to fix it.

Paul