Where do I buy conductive-ink-pen?

Old March 31st 04, 01:33 AM
sdlomi2

Default Where do I buy conductive-ink-pen?

Where can I order online a pen to draw electrically-conductive lines on
motherboards/cpus, etc? TIA, s

Old March 31st 04, 02:28 AM
Phil Weldon

Depending on where you live, try Allied Electronics, HMC Electronic, Newark
Electronics, or RS Electronics Chemtronics is one brand, selling for about
$16 US; Circuitworks is another brand, at about the same price.

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
For communication,

Old March 31st 04, 04:47 AM
sdlomi2

ink.net...

"sdlomi2" wrote in message
Where can I order online a pen to draw electrically-conductive lines

on
motherboards/cpus, etc? TIA, s

Thanks, Phil. I'll need to find one locally, if possible--and it is
possible via Allied Electronics, a place you mentioned. The on-line order
places tend to add "Haz-Mat" surcharges to shipping. One site'sa shipping
was 4.95+20.00=$24.95 total, to ship a $14.99 pen!
Thx again, s

Old March 31st 04, 06:19 AM
Larry Gagnon

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:33:39 -0500, sdlomi2 wrote:
Where can I order online a pen to draw electrically-conductive lines on
motherboards/cpus, etc? TIA, s

Look in your local phone book for electronics component
retailers-wholesalers. Pretty much any one of them should have that pen.

Larry Gagnon

--
********************************
to reply via email remove "fake"
Old March 31st 04, 09:11 AM
atwifa

i've found that heated-window repair pens (for cars) do the trick. at your
local auto parts store, and very much cheaper than the 'professional' item

Old April 1st 04, 03:44 AM
Overlord

Yeah if you have one there Radio Shack has, or used to have what you
were looking for. "trace repair pens"

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:11:30 +0100, "atwifa" wrote:

i've found that heated-window repair pens (for cars) do the trick. at your
local auto parts store, and very much cheaper than the 'professional' item

Yeah, those are also used to connect the bridges to change the multipliers
on CPUs. Easier to find, or at least found at more locations...

"sdlomi2" wrote in message
Where can I order online a pen to draw electrically-conductive lines

on
motherboards/cpus, etc? TIA, s

~~~~~~
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
postmaster@localhost
admin@localhost
abuse@localhost
]

~~~~~~
Remove "spamless" to email me.
Old April 1st 04, 04:24 AM
sdlomi2

"Overlord" wrote in message
Yeah if you have one there Radio Shack has, or used to have what you
were looking for. "trace repair pens"

I felt like you, but they had no such product--only 1 of 5 guys, a young
kid, in the store had ever heard of it!!! s

Conductive Grease? Grinder General 9 September 8th 04 10:53 AM
Anti-static floor mats? Cheap or alternative? LRW General 11 March 1st 04 03:41 AM
?A thermally conductive dielectric putty/clay ? Ken Maltby Overclocking 29 February 23rd 04 11:43 PM
Did I cook my old lady's computer? Dr. J. Smith General 11 January 13th 04 10:50 PM