CPU vs GPU

Old May 21st 04, 03:17 AM
Darthy

On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:33:41 +0000 (UTC), Raghar
wrote:

Darthy wrote in
:

On Tue, 18 May 2004 22:16:56 +0300, "joe smith"
wrote:

graphics. Heck, even the acclaimed "LOTR Gollum" renderings are too
pretty, too neat.. too clean.. but atleast some people think the
results are "photorealistic" (-my ass).

I think Gollum was VERY VERY well done, if you are a 3D expert, you
can pick up the effects more than someone who is there to enjoy the
movie. I'm into special effects and I do try to enjoy what I watch
and later like to see what went into the shots. Compare Gollum in the
LOTR 1 and 2nd movie and there is a HUGE difference. The animators
did an amazing job and the movements, copied by the actor broght the
character to "life". It was easy to forget that Gollum was just CGI.

Hey, l compared to crap Lucas did with his last 2 Star Wars film with
CGI people (like characters jumping onto the back of the Bull like
creater was horrible). Perfection is the weakeness of CGI -

But I consider the BEST CGI in a film to be FInal Fantasy, which
shouldn't have bombed in the theaters. It was a BASIC good SciFi
Story, it was told well. The movie looks great in every frame. And
the advantage of making the WHOLE movie in CGI is that nothing "sticks
out" as a special effect from the live actors. Also, compare the
early AKI to the final movie version... the early one was too perfect,
she looked like a doll.

Final Fantasy games were with much better story than the movie. I think
square let themseflves to be manipulated into US like movie, so it turned
bad. Do you remmember FF 5? In comparisson to that the movie was flashy,
but with little story.

Possibly... its hard to get a Japanese movie into mainstream US
Markets... I watch some anime, especially the Miyazaki films (I don't
buy lotso anime or go to those conventions) which are very good... FF
movie was a CG anime movie... So I don't put it as a BAD movie, just
great visuals with a basic story. It flowed faily well... look at the
REALLY BAD movies (or a bit bad) - Battlefield Earth (They are looking
into making that crap into a sequel), Star Wars EP 1-2 - where lucas
shows he is truely a lame writer (but awsome visual genuis).

I never got into console games since the Odssey2 days (early-mid 80s)
- My PS collection never grew past 6 titles... and its now dead.

PS: If you happen to watch FF movie again, near the end when they are
in the crater... The heroine neals down by her boyfriend inside the
thingy. At her hip, her uniform has many sections of "rubber" - in
one of the seems between two sections - it opens up slightly and you
see the background behind her.

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.