Far Cry sucks the big one....

Old April 23rd 04, 12:46 PM
v56k

Default Far Cry sucks the big one....

The buggiest game I have ever run and the only game which I have to
constantly restart to try and get rid of glitchy graphics, sticking
frames etc etc etc.
The game itself is good which only adds to the frustration - when they
say the first game Crytech have produced I can start to see what they
mean........
Old April 23rd 04, 01:37 PM
Stoneskin

v56k left a note on my windscreen which said:

The buggiest game I have ever run and the only game which I have to
constantly restart to try and get rid of glitchy graphics, sticking
frames etc etc etc.
The game itself is good which only adds to the frustration - when they
say the first game Crytech have produced I can start to see what they
mean........

Runs with no problems here on my Radeon 9800 Pro and no problems on
friends' 5900 Ultra and Ti4600.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]
Old April 23rd 04, 01:45 PM
Danny

"v56k" wrote in message
.. .
The buggiest game I have ever run and the only game which I have to
constantly restart to try and get rid of glitchy graphics, sticking
frames etc etc etc.
The game itself is good which only adds to the frustration - when they
say the first game Crytech have produced I can start to see what they
mean........

It does have a few oddities to be fair - I get glitchy textures occasionally
which flash, and sometimes the ground below helicopters goes grey.
I also had one really bad glitch where the entire environment messed up.
Besides these, no real issues.

Old April 23rd 04, 01:51 PM
v56k

Danny wrote:
"v56k" wrote in message
.. .

The buggiest game I have ever run and the only game which I have to
constantly restart to try and get rid of glitchy graphics, sticking
frames etc etc etc.
The game itself is good which only adds to the frustration - when they
say the first game Crytech have produced I can start to see what they
mean........

It does have a few oddities to be fair - I get glitchy textures occasionally
which flash, and sometimes the ground below helicopters goes grey.
I also had one really bad glitch where the entire environment messed up.
Besides these, no real issues.

Well first off I had to load the Forceware 60. drivers to make it work
without juddering.
Then it somtimes shows beyond a certain distance grey (trees etc are
just grey blobs) - other times I fire it up and its fine.
Now I have got as far as the "Regulator" map and it freezes occasionally
(I have to reboot the PC) and runs very jagged - slow frame rate etc.
A right royal pain.
I have tons of games and so far this is the only one to have caused me
these sorts of problems...

Pentium IV 2.8Ghz
GeForce5800Ultra
512MB RDRAM 1Ghz (PC1066)
Ultra-160 SCSI 36Gb drive
Old April 23rd 04, 02:01 PM
Justin Olanin

I havent had any trouble with mine (full version), except when all the
settings are at "highest" my older computer cant take it. I usually have
all the settings one step below the hightest and its fine. Make sure you
have the latest video drivers and even 512 ram seems low.

P4 2.4b @ 2.6
512mb RDRAM
250GB 8m HD
9700pro - overclocked to the max

v56k wrote:

Danny wrote:

.. .

Old April 23rd 04, 02:35 PM
Danny

"v56k" wrote in message
.. .
Danny wrote:
"v56k" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I recommend you get a hold of the Starstorm drivers. For this game they're a
revelation.

Pentium IV 2.8Ghz
GeForce5800Ultra
512MB RDRAM 1Ghz (PC1066)
Ultra-160 SCSI 36Gb drive

Old April 23rd 04, 04:18 PM
F r e e

u got memory problems hahahah

--=20
F r e e=20

"v56k" escribi=F3 en el mensaje =
.. .
The buggiest game I have ever run and the only game which I have to=20
constantly restart to try and get rid of glitchy graphics, sticking=20
frames etc etc etc.
The game itself is good which only adds to the frustration - when they =

say the first game Crytech have produced I can start to see what they=20
mean........

Old April 23rd 04, 04:56 PM
v56k

F r e e wrote:
u got memory problems hahahah

From the looks of things my problems are nothing compared with yours....
Old April 23rd 04, 05:27 PM
Dave

I think results vary from system to system.
I'm running a 1.6Ghz CPU and a GF4 Ti4400 with 45.23 drivers.
It plays ok,and i don't see any strange glitches you mention.
My PC seems to have a knack of handling most games very well.....

There's one exception to this....Lock On....it's very stuttery,so i'm
upgrading my CPU for this one.

"Danny" wrote in message

"v56k" wrote in message
.. .
Danny wrote:
.. .

Old April 23rd 04, 06:14 PM
Danny

"Dave" wrote in message
I think results vary from system to system.
I'm running a 1.6Ghz CPU and a GF4 Ti4400 with 45.23 drivers.
It plays ok,and i don't see any strange glitches you mention.
My PC seems to have a knack of handling most games very well.....

Have you patched to 1.1?

There's one exception to this....Lock On....it's very stuttery,so i'm
upgrading my CPU for this one.

Don't bother.
Lock on is the most demanding game out there.
No PC in the world can run it with full eye-candy at good framerates.

ATI SUCKS!!!! DO NOT BUY ATI PRODUCTS OR YOU'LL BE SORRY!! Tim Reed Ati Videocards 53 January 30th 04 06:43 AM
ATI Customer Service sucks John Capriotti Ati Videocards 17 November 25th 03 10:28 AM
ATI Sucks Axel GeNuS Ati Videocards 1 November 7th 03 08:46 PM
ati video on demand is great - export sucks Nicholas Tse Ati Videocards 1 August 28th 03 05:11 PM
P4C800 raid sucks. Clif Asus Motherboards 19 August 6th 03 05:00 PM